What's new
What's new

Mastercam Over-cutting

Game_of_Chance

Plastic
This is killing me

Im new to mastercam but not to CAD CAM software. My expertise is more in NX, but i got a job using mastercam and have to figure it out. Im trying a simple lathe rough program with a round insert just to face a section of this part. All the parameters look good (as far as i can tell) but then the tool path is laid out it doe about 6 cuts too deep into the part and i cant figure out why. If anyone has had experence with this please help.

This is killing me

Im new to mastercam but not to CAD CAM software. My expertise is more in NX, but i got a job using mastercam and have to figure it out. Im trying a simple lathe rough program with a round insert just to face a section of this part. All the parameters look good (as far as i can tell) but then the tool path is laid out it doe about 6 cuts too deep into the part and i cant figure out why. If anyone has had experence with this please help.

Lots of reasons this might be happening. If you are at version 2018 or earlier and are OK sharing a Zip2Go, I could take a look.

Regards.

Mike

Most likely the op is set to rough in the wrong direction. You prob have it set as an ID op vs OD op.

This is killing me

Using a round insert, your tool may not be set correctly.

ltool.JPG

Not sure if this pic will show up large enough to see, but in the lower left you can see the tool compensation. On my older version of MCX, it defaults to centerline for a round insert, need to change this to the one one to the left so it calculates off the 'face' of the insert.

Back