What's new
What's new

Mastercam Pricing ??!!

Hoppy

Cast Iron
My VAR just quoted me $6,500 to upgrade my current subscription of Mastercam from 2.5 axis to 3 axis. Holy crap!! Is that really the going rate?

I haven't had it quoted but seems to be in the ballpark. You can do single surface 3d with your 2.5d license if you can get by with that. What sucks is you're going to pay an extra $650 in maintenance fees for buying it.

My VAR just quoted me $6,500 to upgrade my current subscription of Mastercam from 2.5 axis to 3 axis. Holy crap!! Is that really the going rate?

Sounds about right. Don't look at the price as being a lot, look at how fast the upgrade will pay for itself.

Don't balk on the price. Just make sure you can utilize the new capabilities and keep the work rolling through. The proper result is increased growth and profits.
;)

Call them up and show them the work you need to do with it. You might be ok with just 2.5D. There is one multisurf toolpath and 1 multisurf roughing toolpath that you have.

If it's something that is one and done you have options to get it done with your current seat.

If you have recurring 3D surfacing jobs then it will be one of your cheapest tool purchases.

I worked at Cimquest for 11 years, they are awesome and honest.

BTW, your 2.5 seat has:

Multisurface rough parallel
Multisurface finish parallel
all classic finish paths - single surface only.
all classic rough paths - single surface only.
3 old school wireframe toolpaths

there are many ways to manipulate the geometry.

I highly recommend you call them up and show them your part file.
Post a pic I might be able to recommend a strategy.

Back