Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Are you using any solid modeling software?

SolidWorks
    Inventor
    Fusion 360

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I want to touch on holders as someone else mentioned. They are a breeze (used to be anyway) to set up. By default mcx comes with pretty much a full library of cat40/50 and bt. Sidelock, ER collets, extended, etc. And they are super easy too edit, just click on the section and type in the new dimension and it updates in real time. Very nice for 5 axis work and 3d surfacing collision checking
    Last edited by Mike1974; 08-10-2020 at 06:11 AM. Reason: spelling on my crappy phone

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by len_1962 View Post
    Are you using any solid modeling software?

SolidWorks
    Inventor
    Fusion 360
    I have some Solidworks experience and I liked it very much. Most of my customers use it as well.

I used MC a little but my computer couldnt handle it. I noticed it has "wireforms". Its going to take a little getting used to but any software will have a learning curve.

When I draw up lathe parts its a simple 2d drawing revolved. I got that far with some chess piece parts from Titans older tutorials.

I havent tried drawing parts up for a mill yet. Push/Pull stuff seams easy enough.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
    It may be In House Solutions, I think they are in Candada. They are the ones who did our post years ago. They are also the company that makes all the training books you see for MasterCam out there. If you end up getting MC and don't do any training, at least get a book or two from them as they do a good job of walking you through all the key strokes to draw and program basic stuff.
    In-House and Postability are both in Canada. Both are top notch at doing post work.

In-House is the company that runs the eMastercam website/forum, which is by far the greatest wealth of knowledge on all things Mastercam. I'd blindly recommend any of their training materials and/or classes for someone looking to become more adept with the software. Everything they do is really well thought out and to the point.

5. Likes macgyver, Mtndew, rickyt liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you did not purchase the software yet. I am leasing my Mastercam 2021 for $2200.00 per year the cost of my maintenance

7. Likes Silent_Man liked this post