What's new
What's new

MasterCam & Sodick Wire EDM

amg84

Plastic
Good afternoon and I'm sorry in advance if this has already been discussed. I'm aware of the search feature, but I wasn't sure how to implement it for my specific question, so if something already exists, please refer me to that.

I'm new to EDM and the company I work for is training me set up and operation of the Sodick wire EDM. I am also learning MasterCam, as they already have a license. From what I am told, there are small differences in the post processor so when MasterCam has completed creating the G Code, it omits some Sodick specific code. Does anyone have any more information regarding this, and a way to rectify it? Is it something simple where there might be a couple codes that are consistent? Any and all help are appreciated.

Andrew

As a side note here, I am not learning from anyone, I took a couple 3 day courses from Sodick for wire and sinker, that was it. Most of this is me just putting the wire to the metal and figuring it out. So it's not like I can just ask someone at the shop as I will be the only guy.

Good afternoon and I'm sorry in advance if this has already been discussed. I'm aware of the search feature, but I wasn't sure how to implement it for my specific question, so if something already exists, please refer me to that.

I'm new to EDM and the company I work for is training me set up and operation of the Sodick wire EDM. I am also learning MasterCam, as they already have a license. From what I am told, there are small differences in the post processor so when MasterCam has completed creating the G Code, it omits some Sodick specific code. Does anyone have any more information regarding this, and a way to rectify it? Is it something simple where there might be a couple codes that are consistent? Any and all help are appreciated.

Andrew

As a side note here, I am not learning from anyone, I took a couple 3 day courses from Sodick for wire and sinker, that was it. Most of this is me just putting the wire to the metal and figuring it out. So it's not like I can just ask someone at the shop as I will be the only guy.

I use Mastercam with my Sodick Wire EDMs. I might be able to help you. What codes do you think it is omitting?
Maybe post this in the EDM forum too.

Back