Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Your reseller responds? That's odd.
    We are an aerospace/semiconductor/oil product job shop that primarily uses NX and Catia. We wanted something easy for guys in the shop to program simple stuff and fixtures so we decided to demo MC2020 for 60days. NOTHING BUT BUGS. We have a few guys with a history with MC(including me), so we thought it would be beneficial. That last version I used was 2018. All I can say is the constant troubleshooting in MC2020 left us speechless. We got absolutely no help from tech support, or the help we did get was "hmmm, we've never seen that before", even though it was frequently discussed on the emasterspam site. After 50 days we threw in the towel and went with Bobcam, for a much lower cost. We never looked back.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"For direct Mastercam questions, use EMastercam Forums. The wealth of knowledge there is typically going to serve you better, and faster, than any support you can get from this forum or even your reseller."

Are you kidding me? That site is atrocious. It is rife with arrogant, crybabies. Emastercam is the laughing stock of the CAM industry. That is why you are here trying to scour up participants because every half-decent programmer has left emastercam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CORONA VIRUS View Post

Are you kidding me? That site is atrocious. It is rife with arrogant, crybabies. Emastercam is the laughing stock of the CAM industry. That is why you are here trying to scour up participants because every half-decent programmer has left emastercam.
    ^^
    It must be hard to go through life this stupid.

4. Likes Hardplates, rickyt, Rstewart liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtndew View Post
    ^^

I haven't been there in a while, but when I used to visit regularly there were some very smart guys there, often talking over my head for what I was doing.

6. Likes Mtndew liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

^^
    Are you referring to their user name or post? Cause they both seem to be heirs to the stupid throne....

8. Likes Mtndew liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hardplates View Post
    Are you referring to their user name or post? Cause they both seem to be heirs to the stupid throne....
    The post, my guess is that he was using pirated software and got banned, so in order to save his pride he has to bash one of the best, most helpful forums out there for Mastercam and machining in general.

10. Likes Hardplates liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The post, my guess is that he was using pirated software and got banned, so in order to save his pride he has to bash one of the best, most helpful forums out there for Mastercam and machining in general.
    I've never used Mastercam but when I was first trying to get a good grasp on G5 G5.1 G8 exc that forum was probably the most useful reading I found!

12. Likes Mtndew liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, you were able to make it here. There is hope for you.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"For direct Mastercam questions, use EMastercam Forums. The wealth of knowledge there is typically going to serve you better, and faster, than any support you can get from this forum or even your reseller."

You do realize there's an option for Reply With Quote? You don't have to copy and paste a quote and then add actual quotation marks to it.

If it's this painful to watch you try to navigate one of the most simplistic forum platforms I've ever seen I can see why you wouldn't like eMastercam. That's not even mentioning how your borderline retardation with 20 year old technology would translate to something like CAM software. Cannot be pretty.

15. Likes Mtndew, ChipSplitter, Hardplates liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wanna bet he's this dude? the-dumbest-thing-i-have-ever-seen-in-a-mastercam-post/

He got bashed over there and wants to bring his butt-hurt here.....

As if we'd have sympathy for jerks.

17. Likes Mtndew liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChipSplitter View Post
    Wanna bet he's this dude? the-dumbest-thing-i-have-ever-seen-in-a-mastercam-post/

That's immediately who came to mind when I saw him trolling Mastercam on every possible post yesterday.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have no problem with jerks, I hate stupid people, unless I am buying something from them they can't fix, then I love them........I think.....maybe......whatever

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wish the NX forums were as useful as the Mastercam forum. You ask a question and if you are lucky you might get 4-6 replies. If not your question will join the sea of other posts with no answers. Plus the update they did last year killed what little activity they did have because of the moronic design decisions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CAMasochism View Post
    I wish the NX forums were as useful as the Mastercam forum. You ask a question and if you are lucky you might get 4-6 replies. If not your question will join the sea of other posts with no answers. Plus the update they did last year killed what little activity they did have because of the moronic design decisions.
    I am not sure about the cam forum but I found the nx forum helpful. In any case, have you tried eng tips

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wouldn't doubt it one bit.

23. Likes Hardplates liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No. We were on a 60 day demo. However, with the lack of help we were given, we might as well been using pirated software. Mastercam is far from the best. It was not bad a few versions ago. Now it is just bug riddled garbage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No. We were on a 60 day demo. However, with the lack of help we were given, we might as well been using pirated software. Mastercam is far from the best. It was not bad a few versions ago. Now it is just bug riddled garbage.
    ROFL
    Do you actually think your opinion matters?
    You used it MAXIMUM 60 days, and say it's garbage. And if I was your reseller I'd be reluctant to help you as well given your shitty attitude.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ROFL
    Do you actually think your opinion matters?
    You used it MAXIMUM 60 days, and say it's garbage. And if I was your reseller I'd be reluctant to help you as well given your shitty attitude.
    LoL! C'mon man you know the dril! Someone tries MCX for a month or a week, can't figure it out, so it's obviously garbage.

edit: for the record, when I started using it, I was able to figure out 3d surfacing over a weekend (of course they weren't great programs, but made parts!) solely with the help functions, it isn't rocket science, it can go very deep into options, but it is one of the most intuitive cam softwares I have used...

27. Likes Mtndew liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    LoL! C'mon man you know the dril! Someone tries MCX for a month or a week, can't figure it out, so it's obviously garbage.

edit: for the record, when I started using it, I was able to figure out 3d surfacing over a weekend (of course they weren't great programs, but made parts!) solely with the help functions, it isn't rocket science, it can go very deep into options, but it is one of the most intuitive cam softwares I have used...
    Yep,I tell everyone that tries it and immediately bashes it to set up their defaults, all of them.
    And when they do, they realize it's a completely different experience and their workflow is so much faster.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think you are close to the bottom when it comes to using mastercam. You mentioned that you last used 2018 which tells me the software has not changed that much where an experience programmer of any software can use it. As for bugs all software packages have them but if your skill set is poor and you can't trouble shoot issues tells me it is not the software but the person using it.

30. Likes Mtndew liked this post