What's new
What's new

Post needed for Hitachi Seiki HiCell 4 axis

tomcnc

Plastic
Hello There!

I own an Hitachi Seiki VM40II Mill and program via camworks and have made a post using the Universal Post Generator which works a treat.
Now iv got an Hitachi Seiki CA23 HiCell 4 axis lathe with live tooling and tool changer. I cannot seem to make a post that is recognised by the 'Mill Turn' machine selection within camworks. The posts I have made are only selectable when the machine is set to 'Turn Single turret metric'.

Nothing in the Universal post generator seems to generate a base post that includes any type of milling features?

So far I am getting by with manually programming the lathe and the live tooling but parts are getting more complex.

Any one have a post or source file I can use please?

Im even thinking of how to work around it by splicing turning and milling code but this would be a bummer..

Thank you

Tom.

Hey Tom,

Do you have CAMWorks Multi-Axis? Based on your previous post, it appears you do not have the multi axis module. The UPG will not help you, nor will a multi axis post, if you do not have the module.
On the other hand, if you do have the CAMWorks multi axis module, try and use the multi axis post that you received from your VAR as the baseline.
What controller and version of said is on your machine?

Chazsani

Sent using CIMCO Edit DNC

Back