What's new
What's new

Mastercam X4 For Fanuc 0-MC and 6T

Wez87

Plastic
Good day all,

I have mastercam x4 that I would like to intergrate with my Fanuc 0-MC(verticle mill) AND 6T(lathe) systems.
How do I go about adjusting the post processor code so that the machines understand what mastercam is saying in simple terms?

I came across mpmaster for 3/4axis milling machines, is this the kind of program needed for custom machine definitions?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Dale

The Mpmaster is a very good post that will work out of the box for almost all Fanuc 3 axis verticle applications. Usually works with most A axis too, just some simple tweaks here and there.

Same for the MPLMaster or the default MPLFan post used by the default lathe machine def, it will work pretty much out the box. They also has a switch to output canned & thread cycles on the old 6T style. As far as long hand code, it should work pretty good without any post mod. Give them a try and a let us know how they work for you.

Thanks for the input Guys, Im going to give it a shot. Im still finding my feet with mastercam. Seems quite straight forward though.

Back