What's new
What's new

MasterCAM X5 Freezing problems.

Solar1971

Cast Iron
Hey guys.
I'm using windows 10 and MasterCAM X5
When i'm in the Drawing screen and i'm getting ready to make a path...
MasterCAM will just lockup for about 5 seconds. Then it'll work ok again for about 10 seconds.
Then Lock up again for 5 seconds, then unlock ... and so on, and so on...

Does anyone else have this issue?
And if so, does anyone know the cause?
I have 8 gigs of RAM BTW.

Thanks

I know my response isn't going to be helpful, but you really should just upgrade mastercam. Get on maintenance and never have an issue again. You're losing money not being up to date. Sorry I cant directly help.

I know my response isn't going to be helpful, but you really should just upgrade mastercam. Get on maintenance and never have an issue again.
Or install Windows XP on a cadcam-specific computer that's not connected to the internet and live happily ever after. Software doesn't wear out.

You're losing money not being up to date. Sorry I cant directly help.
He's losing money running Windows 10.

Or install Windows XP on a cadcam-specific computer that's not connected to the internet and live happily ever after. Software doesn't wear out.

He's losing money running Windows 10.

I disagree, modern software has better toolpaths, better and easier to use functionality, less time programming, less time making parts, more money made. But that's my opinion, I just see too many people struggling with old technology

I know my response isn't going to be helpful, but you really should just upgrade mastercam. Get on maintenance and never have an issue again. You're losing money not being up to date. Sorry I cant directly help.

I disagree, modern software has better toolpaths, better and easier to use functionality, less time programming, less time making parts, more money made. But that's my opinion, I just see too many people struggling with old technology

Not so sure I agree. I am using X6, sure it has some bugs, but it's not like I am losing time programming really, not a very frequent thing for me, and in 2 years I don't think i have programmed anything super complex where better tools would benefit me.*

*yes I know, a minute here and there over the course of weeks and months adds up, but I doubt enough for our whop and work type to justify upgrading and paying maintenance....

I suppose I don't disagree with in the short term, but at some point, and sooner than later you're going to be forced to upgrade. At which point you'll spend months, maybe years trying to learn a software that is 10-15 years beyond where you are. That will be a doozie. If all your doing is simple stuff, then you are alright. But the owners of my company said the same thing about 5 years ago. When we made the change it was night and day. Certainly didn't hurt they had me to program it!

How so?
I'm running Windows 10, how does that equate to losing money?
Sorry, I meant in his case, where his program won't run on it. If you have to buy and learn a whole new cadcam setup just to run win10, and he's happy with what he's already got, makes no sense to me to "upgrade" for basically nothing.

I don't share Brian's blind faith in "modern" software. It all depends on what you are doing. For a whole lot of stuff, Bobcad 14 on DOS is fine, spending another $50,000 isn't going to give you anything axcept a handful of dick.

Other people, less so. There's no universal rule.

I suppose I don't disagree with in the short term, but at some point, and sooner than later you're going to be forced to upgrade. At which point you'll spend months, maybe years trying to learn a software that is 10-15 years beyond where you are. That will be a doozie. If all your doing is simple stuff, then you are alright. But the owners of my company said the same thing about 5 years ago. When we made the change it was night and day. Certainly didn't hurt they had me to program it!

Well I know MCX9, nothing about 2017(?) and further, but I did program with NX ca 2018, drafting- - modeling with Creo 3.0, Inventor, etc, so I don't think I would be lost as much as I would need to play catch up. ;)

p.s. would love to have MCX9 at least just for the updated modeling tools

I've been using X9 since before it came out (beta) and I love it. I'm not a fan of the UI in 20XX.

Lovely that it's a perpetual licence and not cloud based, I can run whichever version I want!

I've been using X9 since before it came out (beta) and I love it. I'm not a fan of the UI in 20XX.

Lovely that it's a perpetual licence and not cloud based, I can run whichever version I want!

Oh my, what a thin veil you have there.

Back