What's new
What's new

Mastercam X6 stock model ?

Mike1974

Diamond
Anyone using a (very) old version of Mastercam, ca X6 or so? I have a question about the stock model operation. Sometimes when I edit a toolpath and then try to regen the stock model, it has the file generation icon, but it turns yellow and freezes?? Any idea what is happening with that? When it does that it's like it is permanently fuc*ed and I have to delete it and create a new one, which works fine.

For example just now I changed a depth of cut by .020", and the stock model froze when I tried to regen it. Nothing fancy, just a few profiles and holes, no surfacing or anything... :confused:

I haven't used MC for some time now. But when I installed X6, it was the buggiest POS I've ever encountered. 10-12 lock ups every day.
I went back to using X5 until X7 came out. (no problems at all with either of those)

So why are you using a stock model?

If your using it for verification just define stock the old way on the stock setup page.

I use it for *mostly* a visual for OP2-3 etc. Sometimes I use the stock compare option if I get pulled around to different jobs to make sure I didn't forget to program a feature.

Back