What's new
What's new

Mastercam X8 stock model question

Mike1974

Diamond
Hey everyone, I'm new here but have seen tons of great information and am hoping to get some help. I had programmed several operations and ran the verify and saved the stock as an stl. I then used that stl to create a stock model and it came in like complete garbage. So I did a stock model toolpath using the stock setup and source ops and it worked fine. I then used that stock model and exported it to an stl and that too worked fine. Any idea why the verify didn't work? I have done this before with no problems, maybe it was somehow related to the geometry of the part? The part is small, about 5/8x2x5.5" , no complicated geo, but a lot of small corner radii- .031". My "save stock as stl" tolerance is set to .005" and the precision set to an index of 1 and turned all the way up when I ran the verify. I tried adjusting some of these and still got the same result, verify (and save as stl) was crap, but using source ops inside stock model toolpath worked fine. A little background, I have used Mastercam since "X" (the first windows based version). I am very familiar with the program itself, just wondering if this is a bug in the new release, or if someone has found a work around? Thanks for any help!

*note I can't post pics or anything because of company policy

I am seeing the exact same problem on another part I am in the middle of programming! :angry: Has anyone else run into this? I tried posting on the mastercam site but no responses there either... FWIW I don't really want to use the stock model generated from source ops because then if I change a doc or something minor I have to regen the stock model. It's what I am doing to make it work, but would love to hear if anyone else is having this problem.

Back