What's new
What's new

Mazak Nexus 510c-II cutter comp

Forge Carbon

Plastic
I am using a Mazak Nexus 510c-II with Mazatrol to build some fixture blocks in another shop. None of the operators or programmers in that shop know how to use cutter compensation on that machine. I generally run a Haas machine and utilize "wear" either in on the control or by adding in wear offsets into my program manually. The only wear offsets I can find on the Mazak is for tool length and I need to adjust tool diameter to open up some pockets and contours. I'm programming in Fusion 360 and have tried using "computer", "control", and "wear" in my post and not getting the desired results with any of them. Obviously I am struggling to understand how the cutter comp functions on this machine and where input my offsets. I am familiar enough with the machine to navigate through most of the pages but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to walk-in the cuts on my part to meet my tolerances. Any ideas on where to look?

Give your local Mazak office a call and talk to someone in applications. Its been a while since I ran a Mazak but the parameters on the machine affect what values to use and how. From what I remember, the way the parameters are set, you can use the wear comp on the tool data page. You can also have it add nominal diameter + wear comp. It all depends how you want it to function. My notes say parameter F92 and maybe F94

Give your local Mazak office a call and talk to someone in applications. Its been a while since I ran a Mazak but the parameters on the machine affect what values to use and how. From what I remember, the way the parameters are set, you can use the wear comp on the tool data page. You can also have it add nominal diameter + wear comp. It all depends how you want it to function. My notes say parameter F92 and maybe F94

Gave them a call, got it figured out. Thanks

Back