What's new
What's new

MC 2017 Dynamic mill on a boss

david n

Diamond
Simple part................Prolly a simple answer............................How can I spiral in to machine a boss w/o MC kickin out a ton of code? It wants to linearize the arcs..............can I just get R's or I's n J's in my code?

Simple part................Prolly a simple answer............................How can I spiral in to machine a boss w/o MC kickin out a ton of code? It wants to linearize the arcs..............can I just get R's or I's n J's in my code?

You did say spiral-in so that will be linear code and not arcs. You might be able to get some arcs to output if you loosen it way up. Is your machine choking on the code? If so you might be asking to much of it, efficiency wise. If you don't get satisfactory results then plan B would be to do multiple passes rather than constant stepover (spiral stepover).

Try running the C-hook Arc3D. You can only do one operation at a time but you can just do one op after another. I have seem reduction in code by 60% or more.

Rick

Are you wanting it to spiral entry down in Z? Or spiral path from outside in toward the boss? Dynamic won't necessarily give you a true spiral path unless your Machining Region and Avoidance regions are round and have the same center point.

Back