What's new
What's new

Mill/ Turn slot Fusion 360

Omega

Aluminum
I'm machining a slot in the top (90 deg from the face)of a 5/8 303 rod in my mill/turn machine, It has a B head with live tools, For some reason Fusion wants to code the ends of the slot as a bunch of Z- and Y moves, like it's breaking the radius into little segments, Why would it do this ?,The simulation looks good but the code is really long.

Thank You

I've always had issues like this with Fusion when not using smoothing in the toolpath. It could also be in your post processor options to force arcs or something like that.

Turn off Horizontal and Vertical Lead In/Out Radius in the linking tab, unless you need that radius. For toolpaths that start and stop off the part surface I usually turn those off and just do a straight lead in at 90 from the path to allow Comp/Wear to turn on/off. If you need the radius, turn on Smoothing with a few thou and it should arc filter those point to point moves. You're in G19 so it should allow arc outputs, unless something in your post is prohibiting it, as Rick mentioned above.

Thank you both, much appreciated. I posted as a milling op instead of a mill/turn and it generated the arcs, must be something in the post.

As suggested, turning on "Smoothing" in the tool path solved the problem,

Thanks for the help

Back