What's new
What's new

multi-level slots on a solid in mastercam?

MC7

Plastic
Hello, I was hoping someone could explain to me how I extrude the different levels in this print with the two slots. The chaining for extrude doesn't work properly when I build it since the 3.875X1.625 box meets the slot on the radius and will not join with it. Even if it did I'm not sure how to make the 2nd and 3rd level have the 12 degree angle but not the slot. I hope that makes sense. I'm working through a book, but the chapter this is based off of doesn't explain how to build a solid with the multi-level slots. I'll drop the print in here so you can see what I'm working with. If it's too complicated to explain I perfectly understand. Thanks for looking and for any help. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Just 'add boss' for each level. Add taper on the advanced tab.
This is a question you should really be asking your teacher though. Why were't they able to help with this?

Just 'add boss' for each level. Add taper on the advanced tab.
This is a question you should really be asking your teacher though. Why were't they able to help with this?

Thank you for the response. Sorry it took so long to respond, but I had trouble opening the site on my phone. I wasn't sure I would get a message back from the teacher as fast as I did. He replaced that drawing with something more in line with our current studies. I did try the add boss feature, but it acted the same as the add solid in the extrusion tab. It was chaining issues and only allowing thin wall. All is good now and I'll continue to work on this one until I figure it out. Thanks!

Back