What's new
What's new

Mx2 hasp

Gerrythewelshman

Cast Iron
Hi all,
I have X2 running on my computer no problem.
now I want to install it on my new computer with windows 10
and it will not recognise my HASP. I have tried
(Folder/hasp/read/) with non joy.

I am running 2018 on Windows 10 and it runs fine. Are you running a legal copy? X2 goes back a really long way and is so outdated that you are missing out on a lot of good upgrades. A hasp for X2 probably has an issue with Windows 10 for a lot of reasons. You really need to upgrade. Unless you can't, of course.

Paul;

I'm running an older version of Surfcam that uses a USB key on Win 10 with no problems. The hasp you have may need the driver installed.

Hi all,
I have X2 running on my computer no problem.
now I want to install it on my new computer with windows 10
and it will not recognise my HASP. I have tried
(Folder/hasp/read/) with non joy.

I have a similar problem. I have X5 on a 32bit XP machine that is not long for this world. I tried installing it on a newer machine and it won't read the dongle. My re-seller had a simple solution. Give them a small fist full of $ and upgrade to 2018.

µ

My WAG: Win10 requires certified drivers so you might need to find a modern driver for your Hasp. You might be able to force the install of the old drivers in Control Panel manually, if indeed, the device is being detected at all. Check there first.

Most reliable way to run that now would probably be to run a Windows XP or 7 virtual machine on Linux. I've heard of a lot of people doing that to keep outdated software running in a safe environment on modern hardware.

I agree with Hu, Google search Safenet Sentinel drivers and find the W10/64bit drivers and try installing them. I bet the old mastercam install only has drivers for 32 bit systems.

Haspx

I agree with Hu, Google search Safenet Sentinel drivers and find the W10/64bit drivers and try installing them. I bet the old mastercam install only has drivers for 32 bit systems.

Hi All,
Thanks for the input I have it's working now downloaded the driver thanks again.
For others :This is a licensed X2,which I have had a long time and I am selling on to a
first time user. He can use it to upgrade if he wants ,but it is well able to handle his stuff.

I have 2018 system
Thanks again GTW

Mastercam licenses are not transferable without going through a reseller. The guy you're selling it to will NOT be able to upgrade it unless you make the sale through a reseller.

Back