What's new
What's new

need help programming z axis tool path

tay2daizzo8

Hot Rolled
Hey guys,

I need help figuring out how to get mastercam2019 to program a xz radius.

essentially i have a part that is a portion of an arc(think like this smiley face :D except the rads are parallel.

the part is 2mm thick and i have to put a full radius on the edge(standing up in a VMC )

Im having trouble trying to change the plane i guess?

let me know if you need more info, ill try and post a screengrab

Swept 2D, Swept 3D, have you tried those?
Flowline would be my first choice.
Morph, etc.. there are a few different ways to do this.

i should also say i dont have very much experience with programming from solid, i usually draw everything and program 2D. so this flowline you speak of is an unknown. also for some reason i can only program in 3d on my olderversion X9, which isnt a problem just that im not using 2019 if it matters(im sure it does)

I did however manage to generate a crude tool path in the way i want to go, but my notice was that the code came out in G1 moves(in x and z) and not a radial move. the arc is a true circle so i dont understand why it broke it up

You also might need to tweak your machine/control definition to allow arcs in XZ.

Regards.

Mike

this is probably it, i tried the arcs settings in the operations table but no luck.
its a small section of a 10" dia circle(like 16deg of it) so i think i can use the G1 if i cant get a radial value...probably just have to blend with some paper..did i mention its Inco625:willy_nilly:

Back