What's new
What's new

Need a Recommendation for a Post Processor

Bill_N

Plastic
I'm currently programming longhand or altering code from an incorrect post processor but would love to find a correct post processor for a this machine.

It's a floor type HBM with a Fanuc 15MB control and I'd like to generate code using Mastercam 2017.

Gray HBM.jpg

I could get away with only having 3 axes as I rarely use W, but Z needs to be positive into the work.

Thanks!

I'm currently programming longhand or altering code from an incorrect post processor but would love to find a correct post processor for a this machine.

It's a floor type HBM with a Fanuc 15MB control and I'd like to generate code using Mastercam 2017.

View attachment 307612

I could get away with only having 3 axes as I rarely use W, but Z needs to be positive into the work.

Thanks!

Do you have a reseller for mastercam?

this site is probably a better help than "PM"

Post Processor Development Forum - eMastercam.com

View attachment 307612

Thanks!

It could be something as simple as a post edit. What post are you using now? I'd think that a generic Mastercam Fanuc post should do the trick.

I've been using the generic 3 axis Fanuc post and editing the code to reverse all Z moves.

The spindle speeds are a bit hinkey (see pic) but I can handle that manually.

Spindle Speeds.jpg

Thanks!

I've been using the generic 3 axis Fanuc post and editing the code to reverse all Z moves.

The spindle speeds are a bit hinkey (see pic) but I can handle that manually.

View attachment 307696

Thanks!

I'd call your reseller, chances are since it's a free post they'd email it to ya. You'd want the Generic Fanuc 4ax Mill post. The oldest version of that post that I have is for v2018.

If you are using Mastercam, Just use the generic Fanuc 4 axis post that comes with Mastercam. Open the Machine Definition file and reverse the Z Axis. Done. If you need to program the W Axis, you may need to have someone customize it for you. Ask your reseller.

Paul

If you are using Mastercam, Just use the generic Fanuc 4 axis post that comes with Mastercam. Open the Machine Definition file and reverse the Z Axis. Done. If you need to program the W Axis, you may need to have someone customize it for you. Ask your reseller.

Paul

Thank you all so much for your help ...

Paul,

This is what I just can't seem to make happen.

If I go into Machine Definition and from the Machine Components Group I double-click on the Z axis, it launches the Machine Component Manager. But, I just can't see to figure out how to reverse it.

I have found that if I replace the following lines in the post that I can reverse the Z axis, but then all of the graphics are screwed up.

pfzout #Force Z axis output
zinc=zinc*m_one, zabs=zabs*m_one # changes Z sign-added ST 27/4/2010
if absinc$ = zero, *zabs, !zinc
else, *zinc, !zabs

pzout #Z output
if absinc$ = zero, zabs, !zinc
else, zinc, !zabs

Thanks,

Bill

Thank you all so much for your help ...

Paul,

This is what I just can't seem to make happen.

If I go into Machine Definition and from the Machine Components Group I double-click on the Z axis, it launches the Machine Component Manager. But, I just can't see to figure out how to reverse it.

I have found that if I replace the following lines in the post that I can reverse the Z axis, but then all of the graphics are screwed up.

pfzout #Force Z axis output
if absinc$ = zero, *zabs, !zinc
else, *zinc, !zabs

pzout #Z output
if absinc$ = zero, zabs, !zinc
else, zinc, !zabs

Thanks,

Bill

If you click on the Z Axis, see pic below. The red direction denotes positive direction. Click the opposite back line to swap.

Machine Def Pic.jpg

Back