What's new
What's new

O Ring grove on a surface

Proto1

Plastic
I have Mastercam X6 mill, and I am trying with no results, to in mill an O ring grove on a surface..
Does anyone have some knowledge on this. I have been working with master cam for about a year.
when I select the o ring then (surface rough contour ) it will run the tool path on the outside of the grove..
this is a 3D surface.

Last edited:
I have Mastercam X6 mill, and I am trying with no results, to in mill an O ring grove on a surface..
Does anyone have some knowledge on this. I have been working with master cam for about a year.

Dude, we need more info.
Give us a pic of your surface, how big is the o-ring, what tool are you using, etc...
Otherwise we can guess all day long.

If the dovetail matches the form of the groove that shouldn't be a surface toolpath, it should be a 2D Contour. If it doesn't you can use Surface finish Contour or Surface Finish Flowline to do undercuts. Try reversing the surface normal and turn off gouge checking. Also if you go to eMastercam.com and upload your file with a good description of what you need, someone there will likely throw a toolpath on it for you and send it back. If anyone still has X6 installed that is; that version is from 2012.

If the dovetail matches the form of the groove that shouldn't be a surface toolpath, it should be a 2D Contour. If it doesn't you can use Surface finish Contour or Surface Finish Flowline to do undercuts. Try reversing the surface normal and turn off gouge checking. Also if you go to eMastercam.com and upload your file with a good description of what you need, someone there will likely throw a toolpath on it for you and send it back. If anyone still has X6 installed that is; that version is from 2012.

That's probably why he has X6, it was one of the last bootlegs that had the simple, easy, hasp emulator. It's also why he can't get help from his reseller.

Back