OLD Mastercam x6 issues
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    6,200
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2460
    Likes (Received)
    3082

    Default OLD Mastercam x6 issues

    So this probably won't get many responses as this software version is pretty old.

    Posted a program yesterday Op1 and Op2, both set to work offset -1 (first available), posted both out as G55...? Ok... changed them to offset 1 and 2 (54 and 55), then it posted them both as 54?!? WTF? Ok... whatever...

    Last night talking to a co-worker turns out my X was off .500 on a hole position. OK, check this morning, make sure my plane is correct, yep, hole is where it is supposed to be. Post again and yep, it posts .500 different than where it is in cam? Checked and the datum is correct (0,0) What the hell?? Any ideas? Non-critical part so I could upload a file if someone wants to look (if I can figure out how to do it here LoL)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    742
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    350
    Likes (Received)
    125

    Default

    Meow that’s weird. I’d like to have a look at it. I’ll pm you an email address to send it to.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Posts
    374
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    105
    Likes (Received)
    96

    Default

    There is a tick box to lock on first woff. I dont remember where it is.
    found it
    its in my post "mpmaster"

    # mi9 - Lock on First WCS - Set in first operation
    # 0 = No
    # 1 = Yes

    I guess this is not your issue.

  4. Likes Mtndew liked this post
  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    6,200
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2460
    Likes (Received)
    3082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GENERALDISARRAY View Post
    There is a tick box to lock on first woff. I dont remember where it is.
    found it
    its in my post "mpmaster"

    # mi9 - Lock on First WCS - Set in first operation
    # 0 = No
    # 1 = Yes

    I guess this is not your issue.
    No I don't think so. Never had a problem in the past with work offsets. I did figure out my X problem (at least I'm not going nuts LoL). Had my datum at the fixture instead of part...

    Work offset still puzzles me.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    742
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    350
    Likes (Received)
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Volitan View Post
    Meow that’s weird. I’d like to have a look at it. I’ll pm you an email address to send it to.
    wow not meow lol wtf

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default

    If it's like X4 then sometimes it will just post to the wrong offset, just because. The workaround for us is to go into WCS and change the offset for the plane you are working in, regenerate the tool paths, then switch everything back how you want it. Then to make double sure go through your ops and set them to the correct planes.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    6,200
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2460
    Likes (Received)
    3082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nibleswick View Post
    If it's like X4 then sometimes it will just post to the wrong offset, just because. The workaround for us is to go into WCS and change the offset for the plane you are working in, regenerate the tool paths, then switch everything back how you want it. Then to make double sure go through your ops and set them to the correct planes.
    That's the thing, everything was set to -1, posted as G55. Set top to 0 and op2 to 1 and posted everything as G54??

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5533
    Likes (Received)
    3737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    No I don't think so. Never had a problem in the past with work offsets. I did figure out my X problem (at least I'm not going nuts LoL). Had my datum at the fixture instead of part...

    Work offset still puzzles me.
    The Lock on first coordinate shift has to be disabled for every path that you're posting. It's funky how it works and used to bite me every now and then. So you'd have to set a WCS # for each path. Like 1 for G54 2 for G55 etc..

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    6,200
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2460
    Likes (Received)
    3082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtndew View Post
    The Lock on first coordinate shift has to be disabled for every path that you're posting. It's funky how it works and used to bite me every now and then. So you'd have to set a WCS # for each path. Like 1 for G54 2 for G55 etc..
    Not sure I follow? Are you talking about this page?

    wshift.jpg

    Normally I don't have to mess around, I just change (when needed) top to 1, etc. Most of the time I let the setup guys do find and replace at the machine if they want/need to do a different offset. With the exception if I am setting up a program to run multiple vises, then I will do it on my end. Never really seen a problem before, I don't know if my file got corrupted in some weird way or something...

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5533
    Likes (Received)
    3737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    Not sure I follow? Are you talking about this page?

    wshift.jpg

    Normally I don't have to mess around, I just change (when needed) top to 1, etc. Most of the time I let the setup guys do find and replace at the machine if they want/need to do a different offset. With the exception if I am setting up a program to run multiple vises, then I will do it on my end. Never really seen a problem before, I don't know if my file got corrupted in some weird way or something...
    I never used X6 so I don't know if it's the same look as X5 or now. But it's on the Misc Values page inside of each toolpath.
    UNcheck the box that says "Automatically set to post values when posting, and one of the Misc Integers should have a box for "Lock on First WCS[0=No,1=Yes]"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails x.jpg  


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •