Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default OLD Mastercam x6 issues

So this probably won't get many responses as this software version is pretty old.

Posted a program yesterday Op1 and Op2, both set to work offset -1 (first available), posted both out as G55...? Ok... changed them to offset 1 and 2 (54 and 55), then it posted them both as 54?!? WTF? Ok... whatever...

Last night talking to a co-worker turns out my X was off .500 on a hole position. OK, check this morning, make sure my plane is correct, yep, hole is where it is supposed to be. Post again and yep, it posts .500 different than where it is in cam? Checked and the datum is correct (0,0) What the hell?? Any ideas? Non-critical part so I could upload a file if someone wants to look (if I can figure out how to do it here LoL)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Meow that’s weird. I’d like to have a look at it. I’ll pm you an email address to send it to.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is a tick box to lock on first woff. I dont remember where it is.
    found it
    its in my post "mpmaster"

# mi9 - Lock on First WCS - Set in first operation
    # 0 = No
    # 1 = Yes

I guess this is not your issue.

4. Likes Mtndew liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GENERALDISARRAY View Post
    There is a tick box to lock on first woff. I dont remember where it is.
    found it
    its in my post "mpmaster"

# mi9 - Lock on First WCS - Set in first operation
    # 0 = No
    # 1 = Yes

I guess this is not your issue.
    No I don't think so. Never had a problem in the past with work offsets. I did figure out my X problem (at least I'm not going nuts LoL). Had my datum at the fixture instead of part...

Work offset still puzzles me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Volitan View Post
    Meow that’s weird. I’d like to have a look at it. I’ll pm you an email address to send it to.
    wow not meow lol wtf

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If it's like X4 then sometimes it will just post to the wrong offset, just because. The workaround for us is to go into WCS and change the offset for the plane you are working in, regenerate the tool paths, then switch everything back how you want it. Then to make double sure go through your ops and set them to the correct planes.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Nibleswick View Post
    If it's like X4 then sometimes it will just post to the wrong offset, just because. The workaround for us is to go into WCS and change the offset for the plane you are working in, regenerate the tool paths, then switch everything back how you want it. Then to make double sure go through your ops and set them to the correct planes.
    That's the thing, everything was set to -1, posted as G55. Set top to 0 and op2 to 1 and posted everything as G54??

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    No I don't think so. Never had a problem in the past with work offsets. I did figure out my X problem (at least I'm not going nuts LoL). Had my datum at the fixture instead of part...

Work offset still puzzles me.
    The Lock on first coordinate shift has to be disabled for every path that you're posting. It's funky how it works and used to bite me every now and then. So you'd have to set a WCS # for each path. Like 1 for G54 2 for G55 etc..

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtndew View Post
    The Lock on first coordinate shift has to be disabled for every path that you're posting. It's funky how it works and used to bite me every now and then. So you'd have to set a WCS # for each path. Like 1 for G54 2 for G55 etc..
    Not sure I follow? Are you talking about this page?

wshift.jpg

Normally I don't have to mess around, I just change (when needed) top to 1, etc. Most of the time I let the setup guys do find and replace at the machine if they want/need to do a different offset. With the exception if I am setting up a program to run multiple vises, then I will do it on my end. Never really seen a problem before, I don't know if my file got corrupted in some weird way or something...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    Not sure I follow? Are you talking about this page?

wshift.jpg

Normally I don't have to mess around, I just change (when needed) top to 1, etc. Most of the time I let the setup guys do find and replace at the machine if they want/need to do a different offset. With the exception if I am setting up a program to run multiple vises, then I will do it on my end. Never really seen a problem before, I don't know if my file got corrupted in some weird way or something...
    I never used X6 so I don't know if it's the same look as X5 or now. But it's on the Misc Values page inside of each toolpath.
    UNcheck the box that says "Automatically set to post values when posting, and one of the Misc Integers should have a box for "Lock on First WCS[0=No,1=Yes]"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails x.jpg