What's new
What's new

Onecnc XR5 Mill upgrade options

Kev h

Cast Iron
Hi Guys

I am still using Onecnc XR5 Mill ( nearly 10 years old ! ) and was wondering how XR8 is rated against the other options out there now and if still a good mid range performer for general 3 axis work on my Haas TM1 ?

Cheers Kev :cool:

Last edited:
Hi Guys

I am still using Onecnc XR5 Mill ( nearly 10 years old ! ) and was wondering how XR8 is rated against the other options out there now and if still a good mid range performer for general 3 axis work on my Haas TM1 ?

Cheers Kev :cool:

I am interested as well.
I am still running XR5 master, mill/ modules/ live tooled lathe.

Doug

Man, I can't remember that far back :D Was that before the major change in the CAD side? If you're not used to the redesigned CAD, it might take a bit of getting used to, but I think it's pretty fast and handy (still not associative, what you draw is what you get).

Lots of guys rave about the automatic corner rounding machining in XR8. I don't think I've used that yet but that's just because of the types of jobs I see (mostly repetitive from years back). But I do remember it used to require some tedious work to machine corner breaks on curved surfaces. Now you just tell it to do it all over and it does it.

Probably would make sense for you to go to look through the list of tip of the day videos to see what might be new to you.
Tip of the Day | OneCNC CAD/CAM Software

Back