What's new
What's new

OneCNC XR8 Shifting datum to around outside of Cylinder on 4th Axis.

JonL66

Plastic
Hello,
Please can someone help me and point me in the right direction?
I have managed to do a 4th axis wrap around a cylinder my problem is I am trying to shift the datum to around the top of the cylinder as currently it is off the centre line of the part.
The part is going to be manufactured on the Haas VF5 and all of our datums are from the top of our round parts. So I would like the code to post correctly.
How do I move this please? I have looked in the help file but cannot seem to find what I need.
I haven't used this software for over twelve years now and cannot remember how to do this so I am learning my way again but this seems to have beaten me so far :-(
Any help would be much appreciated :-)

JonL

If I understand you correctly, you want to shift the A 0° in the cam system.

Once you unwrap a cylinder, the software will show you the geometry with a portion above and beneath X/Y zero.
If you move the geometry in Y + or - it will change the location of the features relative to A axis rotational.

Doug.

For a wrap part, the datum is always Z0 at the centerline on the spindle axis. You should be able to redefine this quite simply at the control: hint, it is the radial distance in Z- from the top of the wrap circumference ;)

For other 4 axis modes, you can change the Z datum by moving the workplane up or down before you create the machining operation. Note that when you unwrapped the geometry, OneCNC placed it on the XY plane at Z0. Now if you want to move it up or down, you can, of course, but I think you might get mired down in complexity.

Back