Phone Cad App
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Phone Cad App

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Posts
    900
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    208
    Likes (Received)
    572

    Default Phone Cad App

    Is there a phone app to view and dimension a step file for iPhone thanks Guys
    Don


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    568
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    40
    Likes (Received)
    175

    Default

    I use the Cad Assistant by open cascade for my Android phone. It's awesome for quoting on the road.
    Iges / step in and out. And dimension distances. I've pulled some pretty big files in. For a free app it's fantastic.

    Maybe they have one for iPhone platform.

  3. Likes metal-ica liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Posts
    900
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    208
    Likes (Received)
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveEx30 View Post
    I use the Cad Assistant by open cascade for my Android phone. It's awesome for quoting on the road.
    Iges / step in and out. And dimension distances. I've pulled some pretty big files in. For a free app it's fantastic.

    Maybe they have one for iPhone platform.
    I will check it out thanx Don


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    82
    Likes (Received)
    13

    Default

    you can get Fusion for free to view files

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    3,203
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1427
    Likes (Received)
    1508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D Nelson View Post
    Is there a phone app to view and dimension a step file for iPhone thanks Guys
    Don


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Wowsa!

    Have we gone sooo digital/mobile a quote can't wait until you can get a proper look with a laptop, or your home/office pc??*

    * I may have read into something that isn't there. I am genuinely curious what you would need/want this for?

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Posts
    900
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    208
    Likes (Received)
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    Wowsa!

    Have we gone sooo digital/mobile a quote can't wait until you can get a proper look with a laptop, or your home/office pc??*

    * I may have read into something that isn't there. I am genuinely curious what you would need/want this for?
    Well I’m on the road and a customer is in a bind they want immediate help I need to get material on the way to help them. I guess that’s my world. Thanx for the help


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    568
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    40
    Likes (Received)
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    Wowsa!

    Have we gone sooo digital/mobile a quote can't wait until you can get a proper look with a laptop, or your home/office pc??*

    * I may have read into something that isn't there. I am genuinely curious what you would need/want this for?

    I've lost work before because I was out of the shop for the morning and submitted my quote to late.

    I quote about 75% of my work on my phone now with the app I mentioned. It's quicker and easier.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    91
    Likes (Received)
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D Nelson View Post
    Is there a phone app to view and dimension a step file for iPhone thanks Guys
    Don


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    If your comfortable uploading files to the cloud and really need this ability, OnShape is your best bet. You can access the full design space from any browser, even your phone browser. The app is a little easier, less functional, but still able to pull dimensions easily.

    Fusion360 and A360 are the exact same app. Basically just a viewer with no real functionality other than commenting. Dimensionless parts is useless in both apps.

    Solidworks has a browser based version as well, I have not looked into this though so no comment at this point.

    Pretty much any app you use will be cloud connected, thus your files will be on some server somewhere, so keep that in mind.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Posts
    900
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    208
    Likes (Received)
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goooose View Post
    If your comfortable uploading files to the cloud and really need this ability, OnShape is your best bet. You can access the full design space from any browser, even your phone browser. The app is a little easier, less functional, but still able to pull dimensions easily.

    Fusion360 and A360 are the exact same app. Basically just a viewer with no real functionality other than commenting. Dimensionless parts is useless in both apps.

    Solidworks has a browser based version as well, I have not looked into this though so no comment at this point.

    Pretty much any app you use will be cloud connected, thus your files will be on some server somewhere, so keep that in mind.
    I will keep it in mind but most of this stuff is not really top secret squirrel stuff


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •