Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Phone Cad App

Is there a phone app to view and dimension a step file for iPhone thanks Guys
    Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I use the Cad Assistant by open cascade for my Android phone. It's awesome for quoting on the road.
    Iges / step in and out. And dimension distances. I've pulled some pretty big files in. For a free app it's fantastic.

Maybe they have one for iPhone platform.

3. Likes metal-ica liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveEx30 View Post
    I use the Cad Assistant by open cascade for my Android phone. It's awesome for quoting on the road.
    Iges / step in and out. And dimension distances. I've pulled some pretty big files in. For a free app it's fantastic.

Maybe they have one for iPhone platform.
    I will check it out thanx Don

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

you can get Fusion for free to view files

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by D Nelson View Post
    Don

Wowsa!

Have we gone sooo digital/mobile a quote can't wait until you can get a proper look with a laptop, or your home/office pc??*

* I may have read into something that isn't there. I am genuinely curious what you would need/want this for?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    Wowsa!

Have we gone sooo digital/mobile a quote can't wait until you can get a proper look with a laptop, or your home/office pc??*

* I may have read into something that isn't there. I am genuinely curious what you would need/want this for?
    Well I’m on the road and a customer is in a bind they want immediate help I need to get material on the way to help them. I guess that’s my world. Thanx for the help

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    Wowsa!

I've lost work before because I was out of the shop for the morning and submitted my quote to late.

I quote about 75% of my work on my phone now with the app I mentioned. It's quicker and easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by D Nelson View Post
    Don

If your comfortable uploading files to the cloud and really need this ability, OnShape is your best bet. You can access the full design space from any browser, even your phone browser. The app is a little easier, less functional, but still able to pull dimensions easily.

Fusion360 and A360 are the exact same app. Basically just a viewer with no real functionality other than commenting. Dimensionless parts is useless in both apps.

Solidworks has a browser based version as well, I have not looked into this though so no comment at this point.

Pretty much any app you use will be cloud connected, thus your files will be on some server somewhere, so keep that in mind.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by goooose View Post
    If your comfortable uploading files to the cloud and really need this ability, OnShape is your best bet. You can access the full design space from any browser, even your phone browser. The app is a little easier, less functional, but still able to pull dimensions easily.

Fusion360 and A360 are the exact same app. Basically just a viewer with no real functionality other than commenting. Dimensionless parts is useless in both apps.

Solidworks has a browser based version as well, I have not looked into this though so no comment at this point.

Pretty much any app you use will be cloud connected, thus your files will be on some server somewhere, so keep that in mind.
    I will keep it in mind but most of this stuff is not really top secret squirrel stuff