What's new
What's new

Is it possible to blend 2 posts together?

Cole2534

Diamond
I have a machine that takes G-code, it requires a post from the CAM pkg to make it all go 'round. No surprises there. I have a complete post from 1 CAM pkg that works very well, but the CAM itself sucks. I have another CAM pkg that I really like but the post isn't up to snuff, it lacks some macros and other small details that keep it from being 100%.

My plan is to CAM a simple part, run it to verify accuracy, then use that code as the goal. From there I could begin to tweak the other post to spit out code that matches the first post and then I should be good to go right? Or is the magic embedded deeper than that?

I've obviously never gone into post modification more than small touches here and there.

Thanks

EDIT- to be clear, by blend I mean add a chunks of one post file to another.

you'll need to modify the "bad" post using its API to do what the "good" post did - this isn't blending, because the API might and probably is quite different between the to, so most likely you won't be able to use any actual code line from the good post straight into the bad post

this is generally speaking without seeing what either post looks like

edit, oh, since the "bad" post is for Fusion, there are quite a few good resources to get you going, it isn't too difficult to learn from scratch if you have some programming experience, and I keep hearing that the Fusion forums are quite helpful, though I haven't had the need to seek help there myself

you'll need to modify the "bad" post using its API to do what the "good" post did - this isn't blending, because the API might and probably is quite different between the to, so most likely you won't be able to use any actual code line from the good post straight into the bad post

this is generally speaking without seeing what either post looks like

edit, oh, since the "bad" post is for Fusion, there are quite a few good resources to you going, it isn't too difficult to learn from scratch if you have some programming experience, and I keep hearing that the Fusion forums are quite helpful, though I haven't had the need to seek help there myself

Yes, I always forget that Fusion has forums! I used to be on their FB group but it was all dweebs modeling up starships and no actual work.

Back