What's new
What's new

Post File Problems using Inventor HSM and Centroid

CJD

Aluminum
I'm running an old Bridgeport with Centroid AllInOneDC/CNC12 controls. I am programming in Inventor 2020 with HSM Ultimate. The mill has been doing great working with 3 axis, so I decided to put together a job using a 4th "A" axis. The rotary axis is a HAAS HRT 210. I met my match!

On the HSM sight there is only one post file for Centroid. It fails to process, saying it does not support the tool path. For lack of ideas, and since I have a HAAS table, I tried using a HASS generic file with A axis. It will post a code file that works, but seems to ignore the setup from inventor and makes up it's own part initial points.

Can anyone recommend the proper HSM post processing file to use with the Centroid AllInOneDC?

Well, I've still been working on the issue. Last night I realized that I may have been mixing coordinate systems in Inventor, which was not helping the job. I re-built the CAM and will see how it works today.

I still could use some guidance on how to choose a correct post format.

Thanks, Len. I was posting as you were. Yes, that was the source of my Centroid post file...but it doesn't seem to work. I will call Centroid now...

Thanks...I will dig into the cps and see if I can find the multi axis set up. After reading that info I am sure that's it. I'll let you know how it goes...

Hello

I just had some questions with my HSM works with my prototrack controller regarding something I wanted to do with a program. It entitled some changes to a post so I contacted HSM and they were more than helpful in getting the issue resolved. Some gentleman was responding to my late on a Saturday!!
Im Pretty sure you just need a simple change in the post and they should be able to do that for you.

Back