What's new
What's new

Post Processor for 5-axis Chinese CNC 6040 mill

Platonic77

Plastic
I am a hobbyist. I purchased a 5-axis Chinese CNC 6040 from eBay. The control software is Mach3 running on a PC connected to the mill via USB. I use Fusion360 for CAD/CAM. The CAD/CAM for my model (Solid copper Octahedron) simulates fine in Fusion360. The post processor (CNC Router Parts Mach3Mill) generates G-code successfully. However, whenever there is an axis rotation the G-code runs the tool into the B-table. I've tried every combination of WCS and tool orientation, but the tool is still run into the B-table when it should go nowhere near the B-table.

I've contacted the Chinese manufacture,Fusion360, MAch3 software, AVID CNC(vendor of the post processor) and nobody can or is willing to help.

Does anyone on this forum have any experience with this CNC mill and/or the post processor?

Rodger Olds
Prescott Valley AZ

I am a hobbyist. I purchased a 5-axis Chinese CNC 6040 from eBay. The control software is Mach3 running on a PC connected to the mill via USB. I use Fusion360 for CAD/CAM. The CAD/CAM for my model (Solid copper Octahedron) simulates fine in Fusion360. The post processor (CNC Router Parts Mach3Mill) generates G-code successfully. However, whenever there is an axis rotation the G-code runs the tool into the B-table. I've tried every combination of WCS and tool orientation, but the tool is still run into the B-table when it should go nowhere near the B-table.

I've contacted the Chinese manufacture,Fusion360, MAch3 software, AVID CNC(vendor of the post processor) and nobody can or is willing to help.

Does anyone on this forum have any experience with this CNC mill and/or the post processor?

Rodger Olds
Prescott Valley AZ

reach out to NexGenCAM – CAM Software for Superior CNC Machining

I think that Mach3 has been superseded by Mach4 several years ago and the new developers may no longer be supporting Mach3. Your best bet may be to try and find support on the F360 forums. Seems like too many folks hang out on CNC-Zone any more. Good luck!

Back