What's new
What's new

Post Processor problem???

Dscally

Plastic
Hi guys and gals. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Are there any post processor gurus online today? I'm trying to get to the bottom of a niggely problem.

I have a Hurco VM1 at work with ultimax control. I'm also using Fusion 360. I've attached a copy of the Post processor that I am using.

Everything works fine with this post processor apart from two machine functions:

1. I cant seem to output secondary (air blast) coolant command from Fusion. Keeps telling me its an invalid coolant mode. But this is easily changed in the control on the rare occasion that I need it, and so doesn't bother me too much.

2. The main reason for this thread. When running a programme with more than one tool, when it comes to a tool change in the programme, the spindle and coolant turn off, z-axis moves to retract height (not tool change height). It doesn't initiate the tool change procedure until I walk up to the control and push 'CYCLE START'. Then the z-axis retracts, tool changes, and the programme continues until the next tool change. This gets really old really fast when you have a sub 10 minute run time with 7 tool changes, and you trying to prep stock on a turret mill 20ft away. I'm guessing the problem is in the post processor and not fusion, because it will do multiple operations with the same tool without stopping so long as there is no tool change in between. Iv tried looking through the post to see if there is something programmed in to stop it moving onto the next tool automatically, but it all looks a bit French to me.

Anybody wish to have a look through and see if they spot anything funky in the post (attached)?

Actually I cant attach the file as it is too large and a compressed file is invalid. Anyways, any suggestions that might steer me in the right track?

EDIT. Iv attached two screen grabs where I searched the post for keywords tool change.

Attachments

• TC 1.jpg
    TC 1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 119
  • TC 2.jpg
    TC 2.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 124
Can you post a bit of the problem NC file as well?

Honestly it sounds like there is an Option Stop being triggered by an M01 or an M00 stopping at the end of each tool.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hold up! I think Iv figured this out. I tried to post a sample programme from fusion to see if I could find any flaws in it. Im using my personal laptop at the minute so I have never used this computer to output a programme. So I was changing a few things to simulate my work desktop and while I was toggling the isnc on/off, I happened to hover over the option below it and it suddenly caught my eye.

TC3.jpg

EDIT: John_B , I think you are correct. I wouldn't have found it if you hadn't asked for a sample nc file. There was a pesky little M01 before every toolchange. Changed the option to 'No' and M01 disappears.

TC4.jpg

Thank you John_B

So just a thought here.. You could leave that M01 in the program and just turn off the switch on the machine control. With the switch off the machine will ignore it and keep on running the program. Then later if you need to stop between tools you will still have that trigger to pull.

Just a thought.

Back