What's new
What's new

Print filename of a PDF file

RJT

Titanium
Is there a simple way to do this in Adobe reader? Several customers will only send PDF files and it sure would be nice to put a plot stamp on them like I can do in AutoCAD. I've seen a thread for a java script solution that looks way more complicated that I want to attempt.

Nitro Reader can open pdf documents and type information in an added layer. It works with even scanned documents. You select Add Text and click on the area where the lower left of the text will start. Font size etc. can be changed.

PDF-XChange Viewer and Foxit reader are both free and available at PortableApps.com

You can add text or copy and paste an image in either. Should do what you require.

Gene

Are any of these options automated? What I would really like is for the path\ filename to be printed on the margin without actually having to type it in. Copy and paste would be OK if it could be done that way. If you are familiar with the plot stamp feature in AutoCAD, that would be exactly what I'm looking for.

Are any of these options automated? What I would really like is for the path\ filename to be printed on the margin without actually having to type it in. Copy and paste would be OK if it could be done that way. If you are familiar with the plot stamp feature in AutoCAD, that would be exactly what I'm looking for.

Download Path Copy from.......https://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/13986.html

This application will place a Copy Path (to the clipboard) entry in your right click context menu.

You can then paste the path of the file in the margin of the PDF. No typing needed.

I prefer PDF-xchange viewer for this.

Gene

Back