Print filename of a PDF file
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Print filename of a PDF file

Is there a simple way to do this in Adobe reader? Several customers will only send PDF files and it sure would be nice to put a plot stamp on them like I can do in AutoCAD. I've seen a thread for a java script solution that looks way more complicated that I want to attempt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nitro Reader can open pdf documents and type information in an added layer. It works with even scanned documents. You select Add Text and click on the area where the lower left of the text will start. Font size etc. can be changed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Simple? This is Adobe you are talking about. Seems you have to get creative but all the hard work has been done.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/302996
    Last edited by sundewzer; 03-30-2015 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Seems Scottl was faster then me. His way seems much easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

PDF-XChange Viewer and Foxit reader are both free and available at PortableApps.com

You can add text or copy and paste an image in either. Should do what you require.

Gene

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Are any of these options automated? What I would really like is for the path\ filename to be printed on the margin without actually having to type it in. Copy and paste would be OK if it could be done that way. If you are familiar with the plot stamp feature in AutoCAD, that would be exactly what I'm looking for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    Are any of these options automated? What I would really like is for the path\ filename to be printed on the margin without actually having to type it in. Copy and paste would be OK if it could be done that way. If you are familiar with the plot stamp feature in AutoCAD, that would be exactly what I'm looking for.
    Download Path Copy from.......https://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/13986.html

This application will place a Copy Path (to the clipboard) entry in your right click context menu.

You can then paste the path of the file in the margin of the PDF. No typing needed.

I prefer PDF-xchange viewer for this.

Gene

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gene
    Sounds the most promising. I'll look into it, thanks.