What's new
What's new

Problems with Saratech a Siemens var, questions

plutoniumsalmon

Hot Rolled
Hello.
I am having problems with Saratech. Basically I bought NX and they said that one of the things I need will work with the license I was buying. I installed NX and lo and behold the thing doesn't work. 3 weeks of back and fourth and they tell me that the thing I need is another 800 per year and the best they can do is give me a ten percent discount on that. Seems rather petty. What can I do?

Did they send you the sheet showing what is included with each package? What are you looking to us that your license doesn't support?

They said it would work with the license I am buying. I have it in writing. Apparently Siemens changed something and Saratech did not do their due diligence. Now they want more money to make it work. I am asking here because I assumed that someone here might have bumped into these issues.

Been down this road before. We looked at it with three choices.
1. Get a refund and find other software to do the application
2. Pay the extra $800.00 and get to making money
3. Threaten them

We tried number 3 with no luck. Number 1 wasn't a solution because we already have to many seat of NX to change. So we ended up with number 2 and should have from the start and not lost time.

Siemens in my experience isn't giving any license away. Unless maybe they see in the future you will be buying 30 seats. Saratech doesn't have any power getting these license with paying for them so unless they are going to pay your 800 bucks a year I don't think you will have much luck. I hope this all play out better for you then it has for us.

Have you tried talking directly with Siemens? How they are handling this is ridiculous and unacceptable. We recently were pushed to working with a VAR and not Siemens directly but we were told by Siemens if we had serious VAR issues we could back to dealing with Siemens directly.

At this point I would get Siemens involved.

Have you tried talking directly with Siemens? How they are handling this is ridiculous and unacceptable. We recently were pushed to working with a VAR and not Siemens directly but we were told by Siemens if we had serious VAR issues we could back to dealing with Siemens directly.

At this point I would get Siemens involved.

I did. Now it's 40 percent discount. I will probably abandon Saratech when I am able too. It's kind of sad really. Let's see how their technical support is.

I did. Now it's 40 percent discount. I will probably abandon Saratech when I am able too. It's kind of sad really. Let's see how their technical support is.

What we have experienced in moving from Siemens to a VAR is the VAR staff generally doesn't have the NX experience depth that Siemens staff does. When I have called them it generally goes like this: I call our VAR, they call Siemens then they call me back to tell me what Siemens said. :rolleyes5:

Also, keep a close eye on your maintenance invoices! We have seen some wildly inflated/inaccurate invoices as well as delayed invoices which resulted in temporary suspended support.

Out of curiosity, what was the thing? I didn't know anything in NX went for only $800!

I got annoyed the other day when I couldn't spit out a basic 3DMF file for my stupid desktop printer. Low and behold, I was told you needed to covergent modeling license to do that... A mere $13,000 (though it does come with some juicy surfacing tools I wouldn't mind playing with like Realize Shape and X-Form)

Out of curiosity, what was the thing? I didn't know anything in NX went for only $800!

I got annoyed the other day when I couldn't spit out a basic 3DMF file for my stupid desktop printer. Low and behold, I was told you needed to covergent modeling license to do that... A mere $13,000 (though it does come with some juicy surfacing tools I wouldn't mind playing with like Realize Shape and X-Form)

Part template consumer licence. I designed a modular furniture system and have a template where I can quickly input dimensions and such to quickly configure it for people. That money is to be able to use that template.

Back