What's new
What's new

Question about Brother R450X1 - simultaneous operation

AntonP

Plastic
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to format the code on the brother r450 to be able to index the QT-axis and change tools at the same time.

I've tried putting a tool change using both m6 and g100 format with a pallet index but it would just throw up a error saying that couldn't be done.

YouTube video link for sample of the objective of this topic

Brother R450X1 - simultaneous operation - YouTube

Thank you.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to format the code on the brother r450 to be able to index the QT-axis and change tools at the same time.

I've tried putting a tool change using both m6 and g100 format with a pallet index but it would just throw up a error saying that couldn't be done.

YouTube video link for sample of the objective of this topic

Brother R450X1 - simultaneous operation - YouTube

Thank you.

Are you using the Pallet Start Switch, the Pallet Select Switch and the Quick Table User Parameters? There is a setting on the Quick Table parameter page. This is where you tell the machine what program to run on each pallet and the next set of choices say Pallet Change with a choice of 'At 1st Tool Change' or something along those lines. You must set these parameters to a '1'

Hi guys,

I have used the pallet start switch, we primarily run the same program on both pallet, I will check today if there is a option to change tools while indexing in the parameters, generally the machine when pressing pallet start will just index the pallet and start the program the way we have it set up currently without changing tools.

Is the pallet start switch the only way to get this to work, do you know if there is a way to manually program this into the program. I ask because we use a spindle gripper and run a loading on pallet 2 and working on pallet 1 so I can't use the pallet start switch here, I just programmed in to index the table when the program finishes, grabs a new part and turns the table back to working side.

G100 is a tool change but it allows you to get into position at the same time.

Isn't it the G100 tool change? (it's early and I haven't had my caffeine yet) :willy_nilly:

It also needs to be enabled in the Quick Table parameters. If it is enabled, it will tool change during pallet change with G100 or M6 as I recall. Difference is G100 can also position X, Y, A, B, C and start spindle etc .

The Quick Table page is in the Data Bank User Parameter screens. Your set up is a bit more advanced. Are you with Raycon?

Hi Frank,

I found the option in the data tables, honestly I cant believe I missed it before. I have a job coming up tomorrow that will be using pallet switch so ill test it then.

this option with initial observation seem to only work with the manual pallet index, I cant find any where in the manual that explains if this can be done by simple programming.

I am not from Raycon, I work for Sawing services Co

Please don't hesitate to reach out to Yamazen. You have fantastic Applications/Tech support available to you. Let me know if you need contact information.

Back