Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For support, in addition to the forums being widely populated and frequented by AD employees, Fusion 360 has a support chat feature inside the program. I've never waited more than 6-8 minutes to get connected with someone; I can then share my desktop and they have always found me a workaround and then put the bugs onto their to-do list. A few times it has been a couple updates before the bug was fixed is about my only complaint there.

Don't get me wrong, Fusion 360 is the Glock 19 of CAD/CAM. It's cheap, it does the job reliably, and so many people use it that if you need help with it you can get it. But don't expect to show up at a USPSA match and hit splits like you could with a custom 2011 race gun.

The vast majority of 5-axis setups in industry are really 3+2 or 4+1 parts, and Fusion really handles tool orientation very, very easily.
    The mill/turn stuff I did (just a live-tooled, Y-axis, subspindle lathe) was very easy to do as well - I can see it being very useful on a large B-axis head lathe. I don't think there is necessarily a machine type where you can say "why would you use that software" it is more about what you are doing with the machine.

2. Likes len_1962, Dan B liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I imagine all those who cant get fusion to work well are those who can't adapt to technology/change. If you cant figure out how to use templates and tool libraries to program complex parts fast and how to get help through their easy to use support systems, I don't know what to say. I'll keep saving significant amounts of money every year using my "crappy" software.

4. Likes len_1962, Dan B, Insert liked this post