What's new
What's new

Saving a new default WCS in Fusion 360

Erstwhile

Aluminum
New to fusion, is there away I can either permanently alter or save my current WCS orenintation to carry over to all future projects?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

New to fusion, is there away I can either permanently alter or save my current WCS orenintation to carry over to all future projects?

Are you importing, creating your own parts or is this for the CAM side.

more info will help us give you an answer.

have you used any other solid modelers like SolidWorks? Because you would use the same process as those to get the same origin in creating, importing and CAMing

I'm creating my own parts in fusion, the issue I'm having is on the cam side, if I run a contour on the outside of a square for example, with the origin in the center, I'm getting a mirror start and stop point on the actual machine vs what the cam is showing

IMO, easiest way to solve this is to always begin your drawings in the same plane and with the origin as the same point.

If starting with a square always begin with the XY plane and have the preferred WCS origin at the drawing origin. I use the top left so that my stock aligns with E2 in my fixture offsets, left corner of solid jaw on vise #1.

I have both my drawing orgin and cam orgin at the same spot, still getting a mirrored tool path on the machine as far as where it enters and leaves the part

Every time you create a "setup" in cam you need/ have to set the WCS. Not doing this is quite risky. Since it takes seconds I don't see the time saving your looking for. I don't trust the modeling WCS to carry over to cam.

Put up some pictures so we can see you're setup.
or save your file here so we can see what's up.

Also what post are you using.

Do do you happen to have mirror turned on at the machine control?

Every time you create a "setup" in cam you need/ have to set the WCS. Not doing this is quite risky. Since it takes seconds I don't see the time saving your looking for. I don't trust the modeling WCS to carry over to cam.

I don't know how I'd use F360 without creating a setup. Aside from WCS, it also defines your base stock and fixtures offset(s) and without that its kind of a shot in the dark as to what you'll get.

My guess regarding the mirror issue on the machine is you have not set your +x and +y directions correctly in your setup step in Fusion. Go back and check this in your part file. It takes literally about 15 seconds to set part origin and axis direction in Fusion.

Back