What's new
What's new

Selling MasterCam X7 X8 X9 Software with Multi-Axis Enabled

tperazzo

Plastic
Purchased in 2015 with maintenance all the way through X9
I used X8 but never installed X9

Comes with USB license key (It won't run without it)

All original packaging and IMG_20200503_131937.jpg

I have all the original packing slips and license numbers.

Purchased from CAD/CAM Consulting Services in Newbury Park.

I'm not sure what the value is today, but I know it was very expensive in 2015

I'm auctioning it off with no reserve on EBay.

Mastercam X7 X8 X9 Full Software With USB License Key, NOT Tutorial | eBay

I personally used this software with a 5 axis router. Open to questions.
Thanks
Tom

Ahh, I see what you mean thx.

Perhaps someone wants to sublease my USB key?

Seriously, it's a waste just sitting here in a box. We don't own a CNC machine anymore.

I'm not trying to get rich on this, but I feel someone could use it as is. No?

I'm going to take it off eBay. Please contact me if you want to come to some kind of agreement.
Tom

Ahh, I see what you mean thx.

Perhaps someone wants to sublease my USB key?

Seriously, it's a waste just sitting here in a box. We don't own a CNC machine anymore.

I'm not trying to get rich on this, but I feel someone could use it as is. No?

I'm going to take it off eBay. Please contact me if you want to come to some kind of agreement.
Tom

Before you take somebodies word for whether your able to sell it or not why not contact Mastercam. I bet you can transfer the licence to somebody else.

IIRC, if you want to sell it, you have to sell a business that owns it. Also if someone buys it and wants to bring it current, they'll have to about pay the full price of the software, being five years out of maintenance.

IIRC, if you want to sell it, you have to sell a business that owns it. Also if someone buys it and wants to bring it current, they'll have to about pay the full price of the software, being five years out of maintenance.

even if it were legal to sell, you'll find that 5 year old software is worth about as much a pile of dirty diapers.

I would likely give a couple hundo for it but I wouldn't give a penny for clean diapers :D

I would be interested to see actual proof that it can't be sold

read the fine print. Licenses are not transferable unless it's sold with the entire company that bought it, like mhajicek said above.

read the fine print. Licenses are not transferable unless it's sold with the entire company that bought it, like mhajicek said above.

I've read both that you can and can not purchase it from someone. No doubt they can choose not to support it but I question it being illegal. But I'm not going to pay for a lawyer to ask and a friend of mine is forced to use mastercam to program DMU's and hates it :sulk:

Technically you can sell it. Create a corporate entity that owns it, and sell that. If it were up to date it would likely be worth the paperwork, but five years out of date probably not. Realistically its value is probably a few hundred for a retired hobbyist who never plans to update. You can decide if that's worth the paperwork.

Actually x9 isn’t too bad
Surely someone would love to have it
For sure better then confusion 360
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

X9 is pretty good IMO. Added alot of modeling tools that were easy to use for me instead of going back to the original cad software and changing it... you could drag and pull features, etc. Anyways, you can sell it but you have to go through your resller for it to be 'legal'. I know that becasue when I moved for an out of state job they told me I could buy whatever software I wanted/needed, and being a 10 year or so MCX user then, I chose MCX of course. :)

The partnership (long story) dissolved and "parent" company moved me to FL and we *bought* MCX from the original company I was employed with. I'm sure it is alot of legal mumbo jumbo that I don't understand, but parent company was (at the time) doing something like 18 billion a year in bidnes, I'm sure that may have had something to do with it. :D

The average Joe might have more difficulty in transferring a license unless they have deep pockets.

You can always start a new DBA, sell it with the Mastercam package and be legal, right??? :D

no, not really. A lot depends on what the buyer wants to do with it. If he's just farting around in his garage, who's ever going to know, or care.
If he's running a business, he could have a world of hurt waiting around the corner. Say he fires a disgruntled employee, who turns him in. The BSA will come out for a visit, (That's the Business Software Alliance, and if you don't know who runs the BSA, let me tell you it's not the Boy scouts) this is the part where your life becomes a living hell for the next three years. As far as the BSA is concerned, unless you have the original installation disks (or equiv) and a receipt with your exact companies name as the original buyer, then it does not belong to you.

I have been working with a company to set up their new cnc and just went through this transferring MC recently. The Co I am working with bought an existing Co that had MC. To transfer the license to the new owners was as simple as sending the reseller a paper that showed they bought the business and moved it to the new location. In this instance the license essentially moved to a new location and is supported by a different reseller. They could have transferred the license to the new parent co (different name), but it would have been a few more papers and hoops to jump through. Still not all that hard, but the other option was easier/quicker.

if you don't let them in, they will come back with a federal marshal and a warrant. These guys make billions off fucking over companies using pirate software. They don't fuck around.

Then let them get a warrant then. People are their own biggest enemy by cooperating when they don't have to. Kind of like people letting cops search their car cause they have nothing to hide :rolleyes5:

Regardless it's not a problem here cause I don't have anything pirated, but I'll be sure to research companies to see if they pursue shit like this before giving them my money.

Back