What's new
What's new

serious autodesk inventor problem. Hope you are monitoring

conceptdevelopers

Cast Iron
We use Inventor for our 3D modeling. We have 1 seat of professional and 1 of LT which we pay handsomely for, $3600.00 a year. We have paid for it for years, started back in the days of perpetual licenses and paid out the nose for a product you took away, perpetual license. Our contract renewal is not due till the end of May. 2 days ago our access to the software was shut off. All the calls to our reseller, ECAD, have been to no avail. Our business has been ground to a halt. We do AOG service for a major airline and I can't model a damn thing, which means we can't make anything that needs a CNC and we can't make money. We are losing money every hour we are not reconnected. We have been blown off. Each hour this goes on makes solidworks look more attractive. I hope someone from autodesk monitors this forum. My name is Steve and PM me for my phone # if you want to fix this problem

Is there a reason you can’t call them yourself? I would be calling every fricking number if I was in your shoes...ohhh and the grass isn’t always greener at the solidfarm

Is there a reason you can’t call them yourself? I would be calling every fricking number if I was in your shoes...ohhh and the grass isn’t always greener at the solidfarm

Try and find a number for autodesk. When you do let me know what it is. Don't you think I looked for it before I went to this extent? Go have another beer

Schedule a call?! You are kidding right?! That is pathetic.

Good luck Steve. Autodesk support is just as I said. Pathetic.

What I find funny is: if you do get a hold of somebody, and complain, they will laugh with you because even they know how pathetic the support is.
But, they are doing their job as they have been told to do.

Your situation could literally put you out of business (pissed of customers, lost contracts).
Autodesk really doesn't give a fuck, as long as they get their money, and don't have to spend any time maintaining your maintenance, they are happy.
This is the reason they cut a slew of employees loose recently.

Well 2½ days later It got turned back on. I'm just speechless over the complete lack of care for a customer over a problem THEY caused. They pretty much have you by the short hairs though. We have 10 years of solid models, thousands of different airline parts. If we switched to another software we would have to export these in step or another similar form and would loose the ability to alter old models other add and subtract from the whole. Pisses me off:angry:

Well 2½ days later It got turned back on. I'm just speechless over the complete lack of care for a customer over a problem THEY caused. They pretty much have you by the short hairs though. We have 10 years of solid models, thousands of different airline parts. If we switched to another software we would have to export these in step or another similar form and would loose the ability to alter old models other add and subtract from the whole. Pisses me off:angry:

Were you able get to them with a phone call, or it was a miracle and it got fixed all by itself?

If we switched to another software we would have to export these in step or another similar form and would loose the ability to alter old models

What makes you say that? I can alter stp files in Mastercam pretty easily. And I would imagine Solidworks would be able to handle this without issue. Although I've never used Solidworks.

For Fusion 360 I learned real fast to contact them through the forums. If I called and talked to someone the answers were very vague, to the point of uselessness, and if I had to wait for a call back it could take days. Answers on the Forums were detailed, to the point, and usually within 2 hours.

The longer you wait the worse the problem will be. Start switching over now.

Solidworks and Mastercam can both modify dumb-solids, and I'm sure many others can just as well. Yes you'll have some limitations, but nothing worse than not having access to your software! It looks like Autodesk has done this twice so far this year, and vehemently promised after the first time that it wouldn't happen again. This is a fundamental flaw with the subscription model; it WILL happen again. It's your choice whether to accept it or not.

Another thing that amazed me looking at cadnauseam.com was the list of DOZENS of discontinued products. I would NOT feel the least bit secure betting my business on an Autodesk product.

Solidworks added the ability to use native third party files into Solidworks assemblies. That might ease the transition to a degree as you wouldn't need to convert anything to use your old files. Depending how complicated your individual parts are, when changes need to be made, it may be just as quick to model the part from scratch natively in Solidworks as opposed to importing and modifying the old file.

The longer you wait the worse the problem will be. Start switching over now.

Solidworks and Mastercam can both modify dumb-solids, and I'm sure many others can just as well. Yes you'll have some limitations, but nothing worse than not having access to your software! It looks like Autodesk has done this twice so far this year, and vehemently promised after the first time that it wouldn't happen again. This is a fundamental flaw with the subscription model; it WILL happen again. It's your choice whether to accept it or not.

Another thing that amazed me looking at cadnauseam.com was the list of DOZENS of discontinued products. I would NOT feel the least bit secure betting my business on an Autodesk product.

OK this is funny.....it is Autofuck after their decision:D
Dog pees on electric fence - YouTube

You don't have access to anything in the browser window except the entire step solid. You can see the breakdown on how it was made to make changes to a single step. I.E you can't move a hole. you have to fill it and re-extrude it ( referring to mtndews comment, forgot to add the quote)

Last edited:

Back