UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Shout out to AD for great service

I know, I know.

Lots of folks hear about shit not going right, and I am a believer that if something goes much better than expected, I should say something instead of just bitching when things go wrong.

Fusion 360 has a new(ish) chat button in the lower right corner of the screen. I got a new error today that I hadn't seen before and after a quick Google search, clicked the little button and typed in the text of the error.

In about ten seconds, I was connected to someone who had the issue nailed down to a problem in the new(ish) machine definitions in about ten minutes, along with a workaround while they kicked the project file to the development team to look into the long term fix.

All in all I was back up and running from a problem that had me paralyzed in less than 20 minutes.

2. Likes Garwood, gkoenig, gregormarwick, mountie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One of the AD sales guys calls me about every month to check in. I use Mastercam, but would like to figure out 360 when I get the time someday. He's the nicest sales guy. Remembers stuff we talked about, doesn't waste my time. Emails helpful links to videos. I actually kinda look forward to his calls.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Garwood View Post
    One of the AD sales guys calls me about every month to check in. I use Mastercam, but would like to figure out 360 when I get the time someday. He's the nicest sales guy. Remembers stuff we talked about, doesn't waste my time. Emails helpful links to videos. I actually kinda look forward to his calls.
    Than don't buy it

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Garwood View Post

Waste his time,,,purfect

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't mind saying that as an active subscriber of several autodesk products, the people that I've dealt with at AD have been consistently helpful and friendly. I don't think your experience was exceptional, simply that it's the management of the company that are dictating shitty policies, the worker bees are just normal people doing their jobs.

7. Likes Jmaks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have Fusion 360 for programming our Okuma mill/turn. I have to say the support has been exceptional, both from Autodesk directly and from our reseller.