Login to Your Account
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Country
    CHINA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rons View Post
    The Linux and BSD systems above are equal or a lot better than any Windows.
    Different, yes. Better ?

The CADT Model

Country
    UNITED STATES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have not met many who have kind words for Windows. Only defensive statements from those how have no other choice but use it (and hate it at the same time).

Worked within CP/M, CP/M86, BIOS (PC clone), AT&T Unix, SunOS (consultant at SunSoft), NucleusPLUS, MicroC/OS, FreeRTOS. Installed and used Windows 95, 98, XP, Vista, 7. Installed and used FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Fedora, Corel, Ubuntu, CentOS. I have to leave a few out due to non-disclosure.

Quite a list versus Thermite's 3 whimpy professional installs, which means not be himself.
    Hey. You! Flashbulb!

You still have not twigged to those " 3 whimpy professional installs" being two wooden framed, vinyl clad Pella kitchen "windows" and a dining room "gateway" Pella atrium door to the back patio to match? The kind of "windows" that are exactly that. With f******g thermal pane window glass in them?

And "whimpy" my aching ass, BTW. I had to take over half the entire back wall out of the house and race weather to make that work. Then move an internal partition and reframe an interior passage doorway to cooperate. It had not previously been arranged that way at all.

You've been had, more than once, same hook, and still ... just ... do ... not ... get .. it?

That's just how bad your situational awareness and judgment have become.

Can no longer be trusted to not burn an ignorant slice of toast!

No foul.

Just delegate that.... before those last two functioning brain cells agree to migrate from the head of your dick to your anal sphincter, put on their b****y parachutes, and abandon shit!!!

Last edited by thermite; 02-28-2018 at 10:15 AM.

3. Likes gregormarwick liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Hey. You! Flashbulb!

You still have not twigged to those " 3 whimpy professional installs" being two wooden framed, vinyl clad Pella kitchen "windows" and a dining room "gateway" Pella atrium door to the back patio to match? The kind of "windows" that are exactly that. With f******g thermal pane window glass in them?

And "whimpy" my aching ass, BTW. I had to take over half the entire back wall out of the house and race weather to make that work. Then move an internal partition and reframe an interior passage doorway to cooperate. It had not previously been arranged that way at all.

You've been had, more than once, same hook, and still ... just ... do ... not ... get .. it?

That's just how bad your situational awareness and judgment have become.

Can no longer be trusted to not burn an ignorant slice of toast!

No foul.

Just delegate that.... before those last two functioning brain cells agree to migrate from the head of your dick to your anal sphincter, put on their b****y parachutes, and abandon shit!!!

You do not have to keep proving what a light weight you are. I know it.

Please post more of your operating system intellect just in case others with less of a comprehension level do not get it after your lucky six post. That is if they can stand your NOP's and wait around for the sixth one. You may have the last words, I mean NOP's. I can see you looking that up right now... LOL

A little something for the viewing audience:

That's how the late night goofs like Jimmy Fallon, Jummy Kimmel, Seth Meyers, and Stephen Colbert put ideas into the peoples heads. When people are laughing or find something entertaining their minds are more open to suggestions, even if they are hearing lies. The the next day they really believe it. Poor political slaves. So, you stupid THERMAL THERMITE TERMINAL, or whatever dickhead name you like. I see through your methods. And you are not even funny, just pathetic...

For everybody else:

Country
    UNITED STATES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You do not have to keep proving what a light weight you are. I know it.

Please post more of your operating system intellect just in case others with less of a comprehension level do not get it after your lucky six post. That is if they can stand your NOP's and wait around for the sixth one. You may have the last words, I mean NOP's. I can see you looking that up right now... LOL
    Nah. For that "ten percent who never get the word"?

See if your fevered brain (yah shuddna SKIPPED those flu shots, Ron..) can grok the maintenance cycle on those three windows installs from their GUI:

pells_doublehung.jpg two for the kitchen pells_doublehung.jpg

One for the dining room.

pella_patio.jpg

Hint. "maintenance download" arrives in a spray bottle. "Windex" on the label. Unless the budget has drove me over to the Dollar store for a no-name. Gates may own stock in those makers. But he ain't got the bugs into 'em yet.

oh... and about your paltry list of OS'en? That ain't even a BAD joke of a slow week for the grey-hairs among us!

Be thankful my fishing licenses, lo these many years now, have been issued in Virginia. We be required to release any small fry caught, here.

Not allowed to cook and EAT 'em!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Actually the simole option is to keep up on the updates so your pc doesnt do them for you forcefully. Windows 10 has been the best os ive used. They created a problen with mastercam and other software using low level calls a few months ago and had it fixed in a couple updates.

7. Likes Conrad Hoffman, awander liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Motorsports-X View Post
    Windows 10 has been the best os ive used.
    What were the others, ME and Vista?? (even then, it's a close call)

Quote Originally Posted by Motorsports-X View Post
    They created a problen with mastercam and other software using low level calls a few months ago and had it fixed in a couple updates.
    How is this a good thing? Windows has so much cludged together baggage that needs purging and reworked, but there is so much third party (not always third party either) using undocumented functions and legacy workarounds that will break if they try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gregormarwick View Post
    I hope that was a joke, because Vista was terrible lol.
    Never ran ME.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaMoss View Post
    Different, yes. Better ?

The CADT Model
    Much better than any Windows. BSD (Open or Free) has an approval process of some sort to add a piece of software. With Linux there is no such thing.

Reminder, the title here is "Godddamn Microcrap Windows 10 updates".

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtndew View Post
    I hope that was a joke, because Vista was terrible lol.
    Never ran ME.
    At least there were a few nice looking background images for the desktop.

12. Likes Mtndew liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gregormarwick View Post

How is this a good thing? Windows has so much cludged together baggage that needs purging and reworked, but there is so much third party (not always third party either) using undocumented functions and legacy workarounds that will break if they try.
    I was in a small consulting company. A couple of the guys went up to Washington for a project at Microsoft. They came back and told me that some of those MS employees sleep underneath their desks overnight. A slave camp to say the least.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post

See if your fevered brain (yah shuddna SKIPPED those flu shots, Ron..) can grok the maintenance cycle on those three windows installs from their GUI:
    Yep, because I'm not as stupid as you are. Get a flu shot this year and you are twice as likely to get the flu the following year. But I bet you knew that already....

You should be not concerned with a measly flu shot, rather the degradation of YOUR Pineal gland due to environmental and habitual toxins. Gee, what is that.... Hint, it's where your brain? is. Brain??? . That's called a THOUGHT BOX...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just can't pull the trigger for 10.

I still have vista (all lonely) on a hard drive, but the PIII winME tower will still spark up & drive a plotter. The ME ran until support dropped (took some maintenance), the vista ran until sp2 (and the aero desktop) was too heavy for the core2duo on it. So I retired it in 2015. The 2006 built for hi-def Vista lappy is still running with new OS though.

Perfectly good Win7 pro has been offline for over a year now (lots of life yet), I seldom use it.

Linux since ‘08 for daily use… Bye the bye, most of the changes from Longhorn to the production Vista were taking good stuff out & to put eye candy in (like they were going to catch beryl / compiz fusion, NOT).

Good luck,
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can you use offline updater with Win 10?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have not met many who have kind words for Windows. Only defensive statements from those how have no other choice but use it (and hate it at the same time).

Worked within CP/M, CP/M86, BIOS (PC clone), AT&T Unix, SunOS (consultant at SunSoft), NucleusPLUS, MicroC/OS, FreeRTOS. Installed and used Windows 95, 98, XP, Vista, 7. Installed and used FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Fedora, Corel, Ubuntu, CentOS. I have to leave a few out due to non-disclosure.

Quite a list versus Thermite's 3 whimpy professional installs, which means not be himself.

I keep XP, Vista, and 7 as dual boot agents on different machines just for emergencies like when I get a letter drafted in MS Word ( ) from non-believers of portable formats. I might boot a Windows OS once or twice a year and I look at the network traffic and expect a email from Washington, "What's the matter, don't you likes we?".

The Linux and BSD systems above are equal or a lot better than any Windows. Switched over from Windows in late 1998. Linux was not so great at that time, but neither was W95 and W98. But it's performance is fantastic now. Remember that Thermite when you have to manually defragment, or as I like to call it "scatter and gather". You have plenty of time to think when you watch your disk activity light pop on and off, wondering what the HELL is going on...

LOL

Hey Thermite, you missed out on your chance for Luck Six in that Hardinge thread. You don't own one and probably never touched one, but what the heck. A free country lets guys (I assume) like you roam around wherever... and be a pest.
    The interesting thing is that you can now buy some Linux installs that don't require a lot of technical expertise to get up and running. You can buy a self installing version of Ubuntu on a USB stick. I got one and so far just play with it as a "guest" OS to gain familiarity for the day when I decide to part ways with Windows. I suspect there is a market for robust versions pre-installed on PCs as more people are getting fed up with Windows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I just got older & cheaper… Not just MS but also the whole subscription model the software folks are going to is driving people crazy. As you age you might make choices as to how many parasites you’ll allow on your nipple.

Linux is not rent free... If you want hot hardware to last more than a couple of years (thinking video card MFG support here). Still cheaper that way so far, but aggravating NTL. And I do support my favorite distro from time to time.

Good luck,
    Matt

Country
    UNITED STATES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yep, because I'm not as stupid as you are.
    For once we can agree. Several TIMES as stupid, perhaps, since you cannot tell Pella double-hung, wooden sash kitchen windows from Microsoft Windows even with photographs supplied, but there you have it...

If necessity is the Mother of Invention? Then ass-umption is the Mother of all F**k-ups.

Say Hi to yer Mum, Ron. No phone call needed, but a hand-mirror might reduce the strain on yer neck..

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Google "GWX Control Panel". It might be just what you want. Stops Windows from trying to download and install W10.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've been following this thread for sometime and have to admit I'm at a loss as to why there is such hatred for Microsoft, Windows, and Windows 10. I've been using Windows in my shop on multiple computers for over 25 years with almost zero problems that can be traced back to operating system. I've been using Win10 for a couple of years and find it faster than any version before it, and that includes version 7, XP, NT and so on. Never used Vista or any other version designed specifically for the "home" computer. 95% of the CAD/CAM software we use today in this industry are optimized specifically to run on the Windows operating system. Why would you want to use anything else? Is it perfect? No, of course not. Considering Windows is the most used and therefore most hacked operating system, Microsoft security updates are a necessary inconvenience that I can live with. Usually only take a few minutes to install them. Updates can be set to download when you're ready, just do some research, its not that hard to find out to how. With an SD my computers starts up each morning in just a few seconds and that's why I will continue to use it. It just works for me.

22. Likes Yan Wo liked this post