What's new
What's new

Simple, but frustrating CAMWorks Toolpath issue. I'm stumped!

MHopwood

Plastic
I made a sketch, and extruded it, (you can see what it is supposed to look like in first picture), then created a toolpath for it.
For some reason, it is not running Toolpath lines 26 and 28 in the simulation (picture 2)
Those lines are highlighted pink for some reason.
The Part is symmetrical, and I even double checked by going back, splitting the sketch down the middle and Mirroring the side that the Toolpath worked on, then extruded the part again, created a new toolpath, but had same problem.

106zvnt.jpg

Am I missing something blatantly obvious?

1xkk9.jpg

Sorry for the simple question, but I haven't done this in a couple of years so forgot a lot, and even then I was quite a beginner.
Appreciate the help

I made a sketch, and extruded it, (you can see what it is supposed to look like in first picture), then created a toolpath for it.
For some reason, it is not running Toolpath lines 26 and 28 in the simulation (picture 2)
Those lines are highlighted pink for some reason.
The Part is symmetrical, and I even double checked by going back, splitting the sketch down the middle and Mirroring the side that the Toolpath worked on, then extruded the part again, created a new toolpath, but had same problem.

106zvnt.jpg

Am I missing something blatantly obvious?

1xkk9.jpg

Sorry for the simple question, but I haven't done this in a couple of years so forgot a lot, and even then I was quite a beginner.
Appreciate the help

Check your depth of cut to make sure it is not Z0. Sometimes it gets cleared and it won't put toolpath on for you. On the advanced tap make sure User define Under first cut from is not selected. These are the main problems I have had in the past that usually prevented toolpath. If that does not work then create a sketch of the pockets and try to machine those by selecting the sketch and give it a depth.

Check your depth of cut to make sure it is not Z0. Sometimes it gets cleared and it won't put toolpath on for you. On the advanced tap make sure User define Under first cut from is not selected. These are the main problems I have had in the past that usually prevented toolpath. If that does not work then create a sketch of the pockets and try to machine those by selecting the sketch and give it a depth.

Checked, and the cut depth was OK.
I tried to make a sketch but not sure the order in which to do it.
I'm trying a lot of different options today, hope I can get it sorted. I'm still stuck tho.

Why these operations are "pink" is because something keeps them from being generated. Could be bogus Z depth, as Shawnrs said. Could also be bogus Feature Depth. Could be tool is too big for what you're trying to do. Basically, you have to explore why. The system will not tell you why it won't generate the toolpath. What kind of feature is this? Pocket? Open Profile? What?

I'm reviving this because I had the same issue. Turns out my tool diameter was too big for the operation. I assumed the tool I selected was correct without looking at the details but then realized it was incorrect.

Back