What's new
What's new

CAD Translator

Good morning,
I have been working with importing workholding fixtures from Fusion into InventorHSM. Its not working out so well. Can anyone here recommend a really good CAD translator? Thank you in advance.

Fusion has translators built in...as does all CAD/CAM software.

You really need to take a class on this stuff. Fumbling over the most minute details will greatly delay any real learning.

Fusion has translators built in...as does all CAD/CAM software.

You really need to take a class on this stuff. Fumbling over the most minute details will greatly delay any real learning.

When you import the fixtures from Fusion to Inventor, something is lost in the translation. I've tried it. Someone from here has done it as well. I'm sorry for bothering you guys about the minute details. I'm just trying to learn. I won't ask anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What file format are you using for the import/export? What exactly is lost?

I haven't used inventor HSM, but I often use STEP files for transferring CAD data between programs. Better than STL for most things, if supported. Hopefully someone with experience specific to those two applications will chime in- what does/does not work really depends on the specific combination of the two programs and what data you are trying to preserve.

You'll get less blow-back from people here if you ask more specific questions and provide more info so we don't have to ask tons of follow up questions to figure out your problem. People here are also sticklers for informative thread titles. Like "Best way to transfer models between Fusion and InventorHSM?" rather than "CAD Translator". People want to help and will but get grumpy if you waste their time :)

Thank you guys for the info. I think there's a option in InventorHSM that can fix it. I'm doing some research now on it. There are some CAD translators out there. I think Rhino has one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back