What's new
What's new

Software for math functions.

Just curious if anyone is using a dedicated software / machining utility for math functions.

Affiliate Ordering

Seems to get updated often, I have been using a past version for a while, just wondering what others use.

Thanks.

Microsoft Excel was made for math and analyzing numerical data. even if you never need to make a graph with it, it does math easily and fast. obviously you can save math formulas and just change a few things and recalculate in seconds
sure it slows down to a second if you got 1000's of math formulas to calculate

Just curious if anyone is using a dedicated software / machining utility for math functions.

Seems to get updated often, I have been using a past version for a while, just wondering what others use.

Thanks.

Posting an affiliate link as one of your first posts is a really shitty thing to do. I would think it violates the EUA, at the very least its a smack in the face to those who pay to advertise and keep this site alive.

Posting an affiliate link as one of your first posts is a really shitty thing to do. I would think it violates the EUA, at the very least its a smack in the face to those who pay to advertise and keep this site alive.

Agree. However, you just reposted his link as well. Remember to strip those out of your reply.

Best Regards,
Bob

I don't use any 3rd party machining calcs. As for math functions, in Siemens NX all of my functions are input directly into any input field which takes a number.

Arithmetic
Trigonometric
Algebraic
Relational, equality and logical
Unit conversion

NX 12.0.1
NX 12.0.2
NX EAP's

most likely many have never seen Excel crunching literally 1000's of numbers doing hundreds of math formulas. there are free comparable versions like open office Calc program

I don't use any 3rd party machining calcs. As for math functions, in Siemens NX all of my functions are input directly into any input field which takes a number.

Arithmetic
Trigonometric
Algebraic
Relational, equality and logical
Unit conversion

NX 12.0.1
NX 12.0.2
NX EAP's

I forgot to add that you could try doing these things in your software. Try something simple for a test.

most likely many have never seen Excel crunching literally 1000's of numbers doing hundreds of math formulas. there are free comparable versions like open office Calc program

Great idea. Also, some cad cam software can link directly with Excel for things like feature and model data and can also work in reverse to populate Excel files for things like logging data or generating graphs and charts.

Is SMATH good to use or better to stick with the good ol software?
I'm not sure what software you're referring to but I've not found any software, other than Mathcad, that does what SMath can do. Works with units wonderfully and is a great way to solve problems iteratively.

No harm intended. Its the link I purchased from and the link I posted. I have reported this thread and asked for the link to be removed. Thank you for your input.

Back