Close
Login to Your Account
    Country
    SLOVENIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Solidcam G41 cutter radius compensation

Good day, can someone explain why I cant get cutter radius compensation for roughing? The Gcode outputs G41 just for finishing pass although I checked both checkboxes for roughing and finishing toolpath on open pocket operation. Do I need to make some changes in VMID file or postprocessor? Thank you.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mlinka View Post
    Good day, can someone explain why I cant get cutter radius compensation for roughing? The Gcode outputs G41 just for finishing pass although I checked both checkboxes for roughing and finishing toolpath on open pocket operation. Do I need to make some changes in VMID file or postprocessor? Thank you.
    Why would you use radius comp on roughing? In most cases you have an offset option to leave stock for finishing.

3. Likes Billetgrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Are you sure you have "use compensation" turned on in the operation?

Country
    SLOVENIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnrs View Post
    Why would you use radius comp on roughing? In most cases you have an offset option to leave stock for finishing.
    Hy, I noticed if I dont use machine cutter radius offset and use software cutter radius offset I got very jerky moves on splines. I noticed if I use machine cutter radius compensation G41 the movement is smooth. The control is sinumerik 810M.

Country
    SLOVENIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bryan_machine View Post
    Are you sure you have "use compensation" turned on in the operation?
    Under Technology tab i checket both Compensation of Rough passes and Compensation of Finish passes.
    Although when I check the Wall checkbox under finish Compensation of Rough passes gets gray.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hy, I noticed if I dont use machine cutter radius offset and use software cutter radius offset I got very jerky moves on splines. I noticed if I use machine cutter radius compensation G41 the movement is smooth. The control is sinumerik 810M.
    For roughing it won't be smooth but you do have a clean up pass option to smoothing out edges. I have always used roughing to hog out material and leave some for the finish milling.

8. Likes Billetgrip liked this post
    Country
    SLOVENIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For roughing it won't be smooth but you do have a clean up pass option to smoothing out edges. I have always used roughing to hog out material and leave some for the finish milling.
    I doesnt workout for me because jerk can brake small endmill diameters: 1mm-2mm.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I doesnt workout for me because jerk can brake small endmill diameters: 1mm-2mm.
    have you tried using different patterns for pocketing? Pocket in or pocket out may work better for you. Also there is a high speed machining tab you can check. Volumil is an option for high speed machining but I am not sure if you have that option.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Under Technology tab i checket both Compensation of Rough passes and Compensation of Finish passes.
    Although when I check the Wall checkbox under finish Compensation of Rough passes gets gray.
    What happens when you open a pocket operation and don’t choose the geometry go directly to the technology, and repeat the actions you have done before

Country
    SLOVENIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

have you tried using different patterns for pocketing? Pocket in or pocket out may work better for you. Also there is a high speed machining tab you can check. Volumil is an option for high speed machining but I am not sure if you have that option.
    Hy, there is still jerky motion problem. Tryed all kinds of patterns. High speed machining makes a code very long and Im limited with memory on my machine. Still didnt figure out how to set DNC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mlinka - are you using iMachining, or a conventional pocketing operation? (I've never heard of volumill in conjuction with solidcam - but iMachining is their solution for that part of the market.)

You are turning on the "compensation" option, right?

I don't know why you are getting jerky motion....