Solidworks Cam - T and H Values not matching
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Solidworks Cam - T and H Values not matching

Hey Guys, Im fairly new to machining and Solidworks Cam so if this is just something obvious I apologize.

My issue is that fairly often when I post and the go over the code I am noticing during op changes the program will call the correct tool number - say T02 but then looking for the offset is will have a H value pointing to H03 or some other incorrect tool. Broke a lot of end mills and dam near tossed the Camworks stuff before I realized this was happening

I can find and setting in Camworks to force T and H agreement. And on my Hass I turned setting 15 on to halt when there are different values.

Thank you.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by c_smith View Post
    Hey Guys, Im fairly new to machining and Solidworks Cam so if this is just something obvious I apologize.

My issue is that fairly often when I post and the go over the code I am noticing during op changes the program will call the correct tool number - say T02 but then looking for the offset is will have a H value pointing to H03 or some other incorrect tool. Broke a lot of end mills and dam near tossed the Camworks stuff before I realized this was happening

I can find and setting in Camworks to force T and H agreement. And on my Hass I turned setting 15 on to halt when there are different values.

Thank you.
    Don't know solidworks, but maybe dig around in the settings/configuration and look for something similar?

offset.jpg

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    West Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've been using it for a few years now. Never had that happen. That would be bad. I wonder if it's a post issue?

Rainman is the Camworks guru here. Maybe he will chime in.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You may have to set H & T values to be defined by tool vs. post. (Seems silly to have to do it that way, but whatever.)
    2020-10-27-15_07_26.jpg

Next you have to edit the tool's cutting parameters to set the H value to agree with the tool number. There's no way to do it from the Tool Crib AFAIK.
    2020-10-27-15_12_10.jpg

SW Cam is messed up!

5. Likes c_smith, Fancuku liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default T and H agreement

Quote Originally Posted by ChipSplitter View Post
    You may have to set H & T values to be defined by tool vs. post. (Seems silly to have to do it that way, but whatever.)
    2020-10-27-15_07_26.jpg

Next you have to edit the tool's cutting parameters to set the H value to agree with the tool number. There's no way to do it from the Tool Crib AFAIK.
    2020-10-27-15_12_10.jpg

SW Cam is messed up!
    So thank you very much as that worked like a charm. So far it appears that if done during the machine setup under the "post tab" as you suggested and then click the floppy disk icon (or whatever that is) to set as default, you can (perhaps - maybe) skip the portion with setting the tool cutting parameter.

And your right - SW Cam is a little screwy. So much of the confusion when trying to learn to use it could fixed with a simple little set of questions to define common defaults during setup.

Thank you very much for your help!
    Last edited by c_smith; 11-01-2020 at 10:01 AM. Reason: poorly formed reply

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In all the years I have used camworks I have never had the T and H number different. I would think not knowing the software enough leads me to believe you went into a setting and checked something with possibly retained the information that made your T and H number output different numbers. As for use of Camworks, I find it a very good software package that takes time to learn.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    West Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Me too. Never messed with those settings an never had T and H mismatched. I agree that some setting has gotten flipped. Maybe in your post? Have you called support?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Beat me to it. Glad you found it before wasting too much time. This should have been the default setting, but for some reason that I can't fathom, wasn't.