What's new
What's new

BobCAD v28 Pocket Strategy Issue

drewburg

Plastic
When using a Pocket Strategy with Adaptive Roughing and oneway milling I keep getting interesting loops on the end of toolpaths. Loops that plunge into the part :(. Anyone else run up against this and have a solution? It appears that lowering the Minimal Curvature Radius helps but it is not foolproof.
Thanks

might not be related to your problem but I had a similar problem with tool paths randomly running off the screen when I first tried importing dxf files, for one my drawings where not as cleaned up as I thought.
I think these are called "crop circles" :D....check your geometry and try... right click "-utilities-reorganize-make arcs tangential" "cleanup/optimize" "erase doubles"

without your file to look at,,,one problem may be,,it's just not the best choice for what you are doing,
In other words,yeah it don't work (bug ?) or could be it is just being used a differently way than the developers intended,
Upload a .zip of a .bbcd file I can look
Also there is an update out this week I would urge you to download if you have support.

V28 wont engrave an uppercase "A" correctly unless Im doing something incorrect.

Attachments

• BobCADv28 no a.zip
    31.6 KB · Views: 9

Back