What's new
What's new

Solidworks to GibbsCAM import issues

Optiofab

Plastic
Hi all,
Our machinists have experienced issues in the past with Gibbs where imported geometry has multiple bodies/geometry of the same part. It appears as several models of the same part overlayed on each other, sometimes the geometry has one correct body and several outdated bodies. This happens frequently when a part has feature suppressed for various configurations. As a designer its critical to me that our machinists/programmers get the right geometry from me and our engineers.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and is this something I can correct at the solidworks level or is this a settings issue in Gibbs?

We use Mastercam but we experience this issue as well. Are you using imported bodies to create the parts in solidworks? The imported bodies will always show through from what we have seen.

We use Mastercam but we experience this issue as well. Are you using imported bodies to create the parts in solidworks? The imported bodies will always show through from what we have seen.

Yep thats exactly what it is. After playing around with them a bit I found that exporting the files from Solidworks as STL seems to get rid of the anomalous geometry. I plan on trying to do an import using the feature recognition/import diagnostics tool to see if that helps.

Back