What's new
What's new

Starting out on my own. Question on Top Solid trial license.

DBrad87

Plastic
After years of working in the CAD/CAM industry I am going to make my own products out of the garage. I am working with a trial version of Top Solid after currently liking what I viewed on available videos. I can not locate the Boost Milling toolpath that they show on some vids. Does anyone have experience with this and can tell me if the Boost is part of the trial? I am coming from a background of NX and Solid Edge and want to see what else is out there.

Thanks in advance.

Hi DBrad87:

I don't know if Boost is included in the trial version, unfortunately (I'm running version 7.12 and have the Volumill add-in on our licenses; Boost was not yet available). As far as I know however, Boost doesn't have it's own menu pick, if that's what you're looking for; it is integrated into the end milling and roughing strategies, and you select it from within the settings tab in those dialog boxes.

I think the demo below goes into a little detail about this:

TopSolid Online User Conference 2021 - What s New 7.15 Overview of CAM - YouTube

Cheers, Brian

Hi DBrad87:

Settings for Boost or Volumill strategy.jpg

The attached screenshot might clarify my previous post....(though I still don't know if Boost is included in the trial version. Not sure whey they wouldn't, but you never know).

Cheers, Brian

Back