What's new
What's new

Streamline tubing need help understanding formulas

Jayhawk

Plastic
First off, I've always enjoyed the wealth of knowledge that is shared on this site. I've always been able to search and find answers to any head scratchers that I've encountered during the problem solving process that most all of us go thru everyday in the machining world. But, I have recently been tasked with taking 6061 T6 aluminum round tubing .049 wall and roll forming it into a streamline tubing shape. The part is drawn and dimensioned from an old military standard from the 1950's. I'm struggling to understand the "design reference dimensions" section. I can't find anything online to help me understand this drawing process as I believe it to be an antiquated way of hand drawing these shapes from the formulas given. I'm specifically trying to draw the S24 dash number. I need to draw it in 2D autocad break it down into all its radius's so that I can then design the roll passes that will take the round tubing and slowly form it to the streamline shape. If it can be drawn by hand, certainly I can do it with autocad! I have no problem designing channels, hats, angles, J's, and the like, but this is a little out of my realm. Thanks in advance for any help anyone is willing to offer. MS33534(ASG).jpg

Attachments

• MS33534(ASG).jpg
    MS33534(ASG).jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 167

Back