What's new
What's new

Struggling with new planes in Mastercam 2017

dodgin

Hot Rolled
I'm attempting to do some really simple 3+1 HMC work in Mastercam, and it requires me to create new planes...something I'm totally unfamiliar with. I'm starting to get somewhere with it, and my backplot is looking good, but the B axis rotation is coming out ass backwards when posting (on my usual front, right, back, left work they come out fine). Any of you gurus want to take a look at a Zip2Go file and tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong? I'm fairly confident it's an issue with the planes I've created.

You can send me a ziptogo and I will take a look at it. This sounds as if there may be an issue with your machine definition file having the 4th and 5th axis rotations and directions backwards. If it looks good in simulation and posts wrong, that is usually what causes that problem. What kind of machine is this? and how are the rotaries configured? Even though I work for Doosan, I am just willing to help out a fellow machinist work out these kind of problems. I have used Mastercam since V3 or V4. Send to the email below and give as much info that you are allowed to give.

Edit: You can also post on the EMastercam forum. Mastercam specific and those guys are pros and go out of their way to help.

Paul Anderson
Applications Engineer
Doosan Machine Tools America
[email protected]

Hey Paul, thanks for the offer, I actually just figured this out a moment ago.

For the record, we've got a couple Doosans and we love them.

Back