What's new
What's new

Suggestions on new DNC drip feed software

sirAIG

Aluminum
I have an older Haas machine that only has an rs232 port available for file transfers.

I know little to nothing except I definitely need some software to get things going. At this time, I only care about file transfers/dripping via dnc - other features are great, but I want what will give me the easiest to use software that has some decent support behind it. I do 99% prototype work and daily need to run multiple programs. I'll be posting through fusion 360, if that has any impact.

Please drop yours recommendations below.

Aaron

I have an older Haas machine that only has an rs232 port available for file transfers.

I know little to nothing except I definitely need some software to get things going. At this time, I only care about file transfers/dripping via dnc - other features are great, but I want what will give me the easiest to use software that has some decent support behind it. I do 99% prototype work and daily need to run multiple programs. I'll be posting through fusion 360, if that has any impact.

Please drop yours recommendations below.

Aaron

NCLink has worked well for me, and it's free

dnc4u. Low cost. Good support. Any bell or whistle you want including an editor. Nice UI. Highly configurable. Out of the UK I believe.

Trip-Lite Keyspan USB to Serial Adapter is something you'll want too. Also a DB9 to DB25 adapter cord.

I got cut a really good deal on an NC editor from Bobcad. Was able to find drivers for an old usb-232 adapter that came with the machine and dripped to it this afternoon. Success! Thanks anyhow for the insight.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

try this old surfcam SDNC, use this on my 1995 VF0, IM me as the file is to big and I'll email it to you

I also have some good post for the VF0 for all the Autodesk HSM CAM, Fusion, HSMWorks and IVCAM, they all use the same one

dnc4u. Low cost. Good support. Any bell or whistle you want including an editor. Nice UI. Highly configurable. Out of the UK I believe......

Second vote for DNC4U. Best transfer program I've used. I've drip fed up to ~4 meg programs with zero errors. Has a nice mid-program restart feature in the drip feed mode too.

I second Calmotion. We have 5 or 6 of them in our shop for older machines which lack an ethernet port. They are an excellent for fit for older machines, they work great and you'll have the benefit of a ton of memory storage on the device. Unless you are in the market for a feature rich DNC software such as Predator I highly recommend a LanCNC device or similar. You run an ethernet cable to it and then you can write programs to the device directly from your computer. Also ethernet is inherently resistant to RF noise and surges whereas serial cabling is more like an antenna for it. If you are interested I recommend going through Shop Floor Automation. The price is the same as buying direct and their support is excellent.

Back