What's new
What's new

Surfcam Traditional Mask by Z depth

jlt7mm08

Plastic
Does anyone know if there's a way to mask by Z depth in Surfcam Traditional? I have a model with a ton of varying depths that i need to mask out.

Does anyone know if there's a way to mask by Z depth in Surfcam Traditional? I have a model with a ton of varying depths that i need to mask out.

Loaded question without what types of toolpathes you want to use! 2D, 3D ......................

what does the part look like?

also what version V3 (1992) ............................................................................................................................................................... 2022?

what options

Im not needing to mask for any kind of toolpath. i just want to be able to mask by Z depth. And its 2022

Im not needing to mask for any kind of toolpath. i just want to be able to mask by Z depth. And its 2022

so you want to find the different depths and then do what with them if not cutting?

as far as I no there is not unless you use a toolpath to set a cut plane height.

are you using any other software like SolidWorks, you could color different depth faces and then either export as a STEP or open directly in surfcam. I do this quite a bit.

Attachments

• color faces.jpg
    color faces.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 20

Back