What's new
What's new

there goes camplete...

empower

Titanium
Dear CAMplete Customers,

As you may be aware, CAMplete Solutions was acquired by Autodesk Advanced Manufacturing late last year. As part of this development, CAMplete will be transitioning from their existing perpetual licensing structure to a Subscription format beginning May 2021.

When you bought your 5-axis Matsuura from one of Matsuura USA’s distributors, you received a CAMplete Software package for free. CAMplete TruePath’s easy-to-use software bridges the gap between CAM input and your Matsuura machine, and their customizable post-processor allows you to output your NC programs with no on-machine editing required.

Attached is a brochure further outlining the key benefits to using CAMplete.

Our records show that you have one or more keys that are lapsed on maintenance. Please find the following important details regarding this:

All existing licenses (keys) must be current on annual Maintenance before April 30, 2021 in order to qualify for conversion to Subscription.
Converted Subscriptions will be given special annual renewal pricing of $1,750/key/year, instead of the retail rate of $3,470/key/year.
From now until April 30, 2021, we are waiving all lapse fees as part of our initiative to get everyone up to date before the deadline. Maintenance renewal will be $1,750/key, no matter how long ago it expired.
If you take advantage of this opportunity, your software will be converted to Subscription upon your next renewal in April 2022.
If you prefer to decline, your current key will continue to work, however, you will not be able to update your software or renew maintenance after May 1, 2021.

This is a time sensitive offer which will not be extended beyond the April 30, 2021 deadline, so please consider your decision carefully.

I don't think anyone is surprised by this. Guess the play here is to keep your perpetual license and just buy into the sub next year, then you'll have both for the same price.

...edit. I just re-read the original post, they are going to double your price if you don't switch to sub. lol above gif is even more relevant I guess!

I don't think anyone is surprised by this. Guess the play here is to keep your perpetual license and just buy into the sub next year, then you'll have both for the same price.

...edit. I just re-read the original post, they are going to double your price if you don't switch to sub. lol above gif is even more relevant I guess!

the way i understand is, the 1750 price is only for one year, after that it goes up regardless.
most likely we're just gonna keep our perpetual licenses as is without the maintenance.

the way i understand is, the 1750 price is only for one year, after that it goes up regardless.
most likely we're just gonna keep our perpetual licenses as is without the maintenance.

I think maint is aa scam more or less anyways. Sure, you get access to customer support, but if they weren't constantly "adding features" it would probably just work so who benefits from that?

What was the cost of yearly maintenance on your existing perpetual license before this switch to subscription?

Back