Think you know how Planes & Arcs Work? - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by aldepoalo View Post
    With that said, 200% transparent, in this group? You people don't even use your real names.
    ....had to edit.

If you don't like how this group works, why do you come here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"Side Bar - One of the reasons why I have always liked this forum is due to talent in this group. There are "some" super power users in here and this forum could be a great place to share information."

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With that said, 200% transparent, in this group? You people don't even use your real names.

*95% of people in this group don't display their real names
    What does our forum username have to do with anything?

I'll even give you the answer without selling your email:
    Answer = nothing. It has nothing to do with anything.

4. Likes 360427 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mtndew I don't understand why you keep talking about selling emails. BobCAD as a company doesn't sell emails. Here is the privacy policy that is followed by the company Privacy Policy | BobCAD-CAM CAD / CAM Software | CNC Programming | BobCAD-CAM

"Controlling your personal information
    We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties."

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Montana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mtndew I don't understand why you keep talking about selling emails. BobCAD as a company doesn't sell emails. Here is the privacy policy that is followed by the company Privacy Policy | BobCAD-CAM CAD / CAM Software | CNC Programming | BobCAD-CAM

We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties."
    IF that is true, instead of getting defensive, you might want to consider how this all looks from our point of view. Getting defensive only makes you look more guilty.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 360427 View Post
    IF that is true, instead of getting defensive, you might want to consider how this all looks from our point of view. Getting defensive only makes you look more guilty.
    Don't assume we all think that,,speak for yourself.

8. Likes Volitan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fucking unbelievable.

You start getting up on your high horse, 'We would never do anything shady with your data'....then you proceed to leave a link that tracks where the person came from. Here is the actual link from your post "https://bobcad.com/privacy/?source=PM_thread" So now you are tracking who visits bobcad from this thread.

Bobcad has become the Facebook of CADCAM, not in status but in shadiness of data acquisition and we can only assume retention as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gooose,

What is unbelievable? That a source code is used for a web link, So the website knows where the traffic is coming from?

Source codes do not store or capture information on the users it tracks where the link came from.

In fact if you've shared a weblink yourself in the past, it's likely there were tracking codes that you were even aware of. So really not sure what the problem is here.

That being said, what does that have to do with the Privacy Policy and "selling emails"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"What does our forum username have to do with anything?"

D Nelson said - "First off you must have 200 percent transparency here."

If this was true people would use their real names. Let's take gooose for instance, who is he? He's throwing salt left and right, but does anyone really know who he is? You wouldn't unless he told you, so he is anonymous.

In comparison anyone reading this thread knows my real name and the company I work for. So what does your forum user name have to do with anything. It has to do with transparency and I am transparent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gooose,

What is unbelievable? That a source code is used for a web link, So the website knows where the traffic is coming from?

Source codes do not store or capture information on the users it tracks where the link came from.

In fact if you've shared a weblink yourself in the past, it's likely there were tracking codes that you were even aware of. So really not sure what the problem is here.

That being said, what does that have to do with the Privacy Policy and "selling emails"?

Yes, it's unbelievable that your supplied link to your Privacy Policy is a tracked link. Why didn't you just put the url without the tracking? Because, data acquisition....the exact same thing you're trying to do with the emails. Combine that with tracking pixels/cookies on your website and you start to uncover your real intentions.

Here's a tip, when asking for an email tell people what you want to do with it. Pretending it's just so the answers can be emailed is hilarious. Hilarious that you think people are that dumb. Hilarious that when people call you out on it you play dumb. Hilarious that you are now doubling down on playing dumb about tracked links.

And anonymity, like was said earlier, if you don't like how this forum works, don't come here. Guess you better stay off Instragram, Twitter, and Youtube as well.

...and I never said you were selling emails, I said you were acquiring them under false pretenses which is in violation of GDPR.

13. Likes Billetgrip, Mtndew liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He's throwing salt left and right, but does anyone really know who he is?
    Who gives a flying fuck who he is or what his real name is, I sure don't.
    This is a community to gain and share information about our profession.
    If someone answers a question that I have on Mastercam, or milling a part and it helps me, why should I care who that person is or what their real name is?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If that were 100% true, then why would you need our email address for the answers?
    It's for gathering information, period. No matter what you say, or what policy you cite cannot change that fact.
    It's shady.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not that it matters but when I copied the link off the website there was a tracking code already, I made a change to reflect where the link was located.

If that's a problem for you, well I guess you can make it out to be a bigger deal than it really is.

At the same time, I have the same right to post and participate in this forum as you do. You can stay anonymous and I'll stay transparent.

As far as GDPR , why do you care? Not to mention you're in Canada right?

Information about GDPR: GDPR Countries - Which Countries are Included? Beasley Direct & Online

False Pretenses ?

"submit your answers, then check your email for the correct answers to see how well you know planes and arcs"

"Time to test your skills! Below is a short quiz about planes & Arcs: enter your email below & have your answers sent directly to you after"

There is nothing false about these statement.
    Last edited by aldepoalo; 07-19-2019 at 02:57 PM. Reason: added information

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mtndew,

What do you care what happens with the emails? 100% those emails will never be sold to anyone like you claimed.

If you think it's shady for a websites or social channels to track you? Well you might want to unplug your internet now.

I personally feel no bias toward anyone on this thread, it 2019 and the way things work on internet is different. Please don't be that I still punch tape by hand kinda guy....

If you are upset with me personally, well I am an easy going guy and maybe a one on one phone call would help smooth things over.

727-479-6328 is my person cell phone. I don't pick up unknown numbers so please text me first so I know who's calling.

Side bar: Mtndew do you have a website?

18. Likes Volitan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As far as GDPR , why do you care?
    GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is the most important change in data privacy regulation in 20 years. Yes, its EU legislation. I care about it because it's a great first step. Hopefully something stronger and more well thought out is enacted in the US and Canada.
    The GDPR not only applies to organisations located within the EU but also applies to organisations located outside of the EU if they offer goods or services to, or monitor the behaviour of, EU data subjects. This is where you should care. This forum, and probably everywhere else you posted that quiz, are accessible to citizens located in the EU, not to mention, so is your website. The data collected from them falls under GDPR law.

Maybe you should care more about GDPR than I do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mtndew,

What do you care what happens with the emails? 100% those emails will never be sold to anyone like you claimed.

If you think it's shady for a websites or social channels to track you? Well you might want to unplug your internet now.
    So I shouldn't care if those emails are used for any other reason than to send answers?
    I shouldn't care if they were being sold or not? WTF is wrong with you?
    You clearly don't care about our emails or our information. Yeah, great salesman you are.

Unless you personally oversee and collect our emails from that quiz or any other source of email acquisition, and personally make sure that they are deleted and nobody else sees them, you can't say without 100% certainty that they aren't being used for data collection or sending out spam emails to buy your shitty product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mtndew, unless you entered an email address, no you shouldn't care.

If you did enter an email address, well that is a different story. ( but clearly you haven't and wouldn't)

As far as emails being sold, I've already shared the policy. You can choose to claim it's not true and the company doesn't follow the policy, but again you really don't know.

I've worked for BobCAD for many years and I 100% know the company has never sold or shared emails address ever!

So I am guessing you don't have a website?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mtndew,

I personally feel no bias toward anyone on this thread, it 2019 and the way things work on internet is different. Please don't be that I still punch tape by hand kinda guy....

If you are upset with me personally, well I am an easy going guy and maybe a one on one phone call would help smooth things over.

727-479-6328 is my person cell phone. I don't pick up unknown numbers so please text me first so I know who's calling.

Side bar: Mtndew do you have a website?
    Why don’t you answer the phone ? Are you afraid it’s bobcad trying to sell you something!
    Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

23. Likes goooose, SRT Mike, Mtndew liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm not picking sides in this argument...

But I have to wonder at what point Al's responses stop being beneficial for Bobcad....

25. Likes thesidetalker, g-coder05, yardbird liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMePlease View Post
    I'm not picking sides in this argument...

But I have to wonder at what point Al's responses stop being beneficial for Bobcad....
    You should be concerned about business practices like what Bobcad has done here. Think about how often you answer your phone now, shit, even Al just admitted he won't answer his phone due to spam calls. Wanna turn the internet into the same thing?

27. Likes g-coder05 liked this post